#3

"that guy is already popular, huh?" jaemin spoke with a mouthful of food as he looked over in mark's direction. he was surrounded by people, following him around as he was on his way to get in the lunch line. nabi who was sat right beside jaemin, didn't hear a word as she too, stared at mark.

"apparently, he's friends with minjun and kiwoo. everyone wants to be introduced." renjun spoke.
(by everyone, it was mostly female students.) jeno and haechan finally make their way to the table with their lunch and take their seat across from the trio. "what are we looking at?" jeno asked, noticing how all three of them were looking in the same direction.

"behind you, over there. new student in our class. he's from canada and he's all the rave right now." jaemin answered.
nabi was still in her own world staring at mark in complete awe. he was just as cute sober compared to her drunken state at the time.

as she went to put a spoonful of rice in her mouth, the spoon slitty tipped to the side, causing all of the grains to fall back in her bowl. "you okay, nabi?" jeno asked, taking notice in the distracted girl. the boys all direct their attention to nabi, causing her to snap out of her daydreaming. "what?" she asked.

"wait a minute..." haechan paused as he looked behind him again over towards mark and then back to nabi. "isn't he that guy you were taking to at the party?" haechan grinned at her. he looked back over once more and stood from his seat

"yo, Canada! come sit over here!" practically the entire lunchroom had their eyes on haechan. mark who was confused at first looked at him and pointed to himself to ask if he meant him.

haechan nodded and waved him over eagerly. "what the hell are you doing, donghyuck?" nabi's voice was laced with slight panic as she wasn't ready to talk to him yet. not that she had anything to talk to him about in particular but she was nervous, nonetheless. mark walked over towards the table, leaving behind his trail of 'fangirls'. he stood there for bit, not entirely sure what to do next.

"sit." haechan directed, moving one seat over to leave the spot open in between himself and jeno. mark hesitantly placed his tray down and then himself, now sitting directly across from nabi. as soon as he made eye contact with her, a smile appeared on his face.

"you, again."

"ah, yes it's me. the lee haechan. surprised to see you here mork. never thought i'd see you again."  completely ignoring the fact that mark was not talking to him, placed his arm over his shoulders as if the two had been close friends for years.

"mark."

"bless you."

renjun rolled his eyes, "ignore him, please. I'm renjun, by the way." jaemin and jeno followed suit in introducing themselves, leaving nabi last in doing so. "hi, I'm nabi." she smiled.

"nabi... that's pretty."

after mark joined the group at lunch, the guys talked his ear off when they eventually learned that mark had intentions of joining the soccer team. they were ecstatic to discover the possible chance of a new addition to their team.

nabi didn't get much of a chance to talk to him about anything else. not that she really minded, she was also definitely excited to learn that mark played soccer as well. a cute, nice guy who plays her favorite sport? this guy was perfect in her eyes. she has yet to learn much else about him but if love at first and second encounter were real, then this would be it.

when lunch break was over, the students made their way back to their classrooms to resume their learning. nabi who was trying her hardest to not fall asleep on her desk during their english lesson,  nearly had her eyes fully shut when a folded piece of paper landed right in front of her.

she opened it to see what it was.

inside contained a drawing of a butterfly and a soccer ball.

'let's have a friendly match soon!'

wooooowww currently losing my mind over the mark rizz likeeee

nark would be a funny but cute ship name 🤭