Death himself

Staring me down, with eyes full of venom and a smile full of malice.

I understood then, that you have managed to live through eternity in this form. A form not naturally yours. A form they painted you in. With their fears and regrets.

Why so charred, marred, scarred... so dark and scathed?
Your darkness, your natural darkness, is serene. As I close my eyes, as I turn off the lights, as I hide in my closet.
Your darkness, your natural darkness, is safety, is faith, trust, calm... yes, serenity.

Your scars, the natural ones, are not but your duty. To end what was. To replace life.

Your mar, is not what they have made it seem. It is not but your inability to captivate the heart of those weary of you. With their inability to accept that you are. Not this paint they splatter on you. Not a disfigured man, you.

They char you with their lack of peace. Make you their nemesis with their lack of wisdom. These fools have burned your beautiful form. Made you terrifyingly a horrible man.

But I will close my eyes, dear death. I will smile before I open them. Your appearance does not ruffle my feathers. For I know your true form. And I shall caress your cheek, your cold cold cheek. Sunken and pale with time and people's hate. I will touch your darkened skin, feel your scars and hear your strained and pained hisses. My trust will restore you. For I know, this is not your true form.

You are handsome, and calm. And as you restore what was lost with my existence, your pieces will be whole again. I will make you whole, dear death.

And he said; "Then look again. For I am what you make me. I am fear or I am peace."

I knew, as I know now. That he was irresistibly tempting. So whole and warm.

And as he embraced me, I waited for my breath to halt at his beauty. But he whispered instead.

"You will go out there, and teach these things. For I too, am a selfish man. And your existence will be my joy. So, not today little human. I shall visit again."

©️mirthyKayla