11. BOWLING

"ITS BOWLING TIME BITCHES!"

So apparently when one of the Cortez brothers has their birthday, its tradition to go bowling. And they take it very seriously. Guess how I woke up this morning. A nerf gun right at my face, Kane being the one holding it, along with Kaleb, Kian and Finn standing behind him with black paint on their cheeks. Each holding one of Kaleb's lightsabers'. Although Finn looked so cute trying to be like one of the boys, Kane's head begs to differ.

I wacked him with my Biology book.

Sorry? Not really he deserved it.

"Alright everyone, watch me annihilate all of you" Kane boasted, picking up a ball from the collection machine. He bent down and flung to ball towards the pins and knocked most of them down. He went to collect another ball before rolling it down towards the remaining pins.

"That's a spare, Losers" he celebrated when he knocked down all the pins. He went up to Kian and stuck his tongue out at his dancing. "That's right. In the lead is none other than the Birthday Boy himself"

"We're twins idiota" Kian flicked Kane on the forehead before reminding Kaleb to go. Kaleb is in second right now and the last person to go of our game. It was all down to Kaleb to shut Kane up. Kameron moved from his seat and stood in front of Kaleb slightly bending down. He placed his hands on Kaleb's shoulders and looked at him seriously.

"Kaleb. This is it. Its now or never. We can finally shut Kane up. You have to beat him. For the sake of the household" Kameron insisted holding Kaleb's determined stare.

"You guys do know this is just bowling right?" I asked, truly wondering if I was the only sane person here.

"I've learned it best just to let them be Elle" Kylan chuckled at their sons antics. Finn also jumped over the Kaleb and patted him on the back in support.

What the actual hell? They've roped Finn into this boyish behaviour. He's still a baby. He is not allowed to grow up.

Kaleb finally walked over to the bowling balls and cracked all his fingers before grabbing a ball. He took one step back before flinging the ball down the track and hit all the balls in a strike. Kameron, Kian and Finn screamed and ran up to tackle Kaleb into a hug. The all slapped Kaleb on his back while Kane slumped down into his chair. I walked over towards him and held out my hand.

"We still have Arcade and Laser Tag left and I happen to be amazing at one of those and I think you know which one" I smiled down at him and he looked up and grabbed my hand before standing.

"Yeah we all know you cant run for shit Elle" he chuckled.

——————————————

"DIE SUCKERS!" Screamed Finn as he ran towards us, with a blue light emitting from his chest pack.

"YEAH WHAT HE SAID!" Kane yelled running behind Finn, also on the blue team.

Kylan who was on the red team with me, stood in front of me in a protective state before shooting towards the boys.

"You will never win. I will always protect the princess!" He laughed, joining along in their fun. I was laughing so hard. I don't think I've ever laughed this much in so long. The boys eventually shot Kylan in his chest pack and his bright red light went out with a sound effect.

"Ellie, you must use me as a human shield even if I am dead" he chucked before making me place my hand on his shoulders, guiding him in the direction I wanted to go.

"Why how courageous of you my knight in shining amour!" I giggled, leading him through the maze towards another red light, whom I hoped was Kameron who was also on our team.

"Kam!" I yelled out. He popped up from a crouched state behind a wall, and his serious face broke out into a smile after seeing me with Kylan in front.

"Elle! Where have you been? And what did you do with my father?" He questioned. I let go of Kylan to explain but I'm guessing he really was playing dead because to keep up with his act he fell to the floor in a most graceful way. Not.

"Oh my god are you ok?" I screeched, bending down to check on him. I mean he's not young anymore. He could've pulled something or hit his head. But to answer my response he started laughing really loudly and so did Kameron until eventually we were all chuckling at his act. A little too loud I think.

"Say hello to hell for me" Finn grinned, jumping out with Kane, shooting all of us in our chest packs. As we were the last remaining team members of red, a bell rung out and the lights came back on.

"Where in the world did you learn that mister?" I asked Finn as I picked him up and started walking to the exit.

"Kane told me to say it. He said that if I say it then he wouldn't get in trouble, and I didn't want him to" he told me sincerely, wrapping his arms around my neck.

"Oh did he now? Well it sounds like you had fun but now we're going to play the games!" I explained to him, smiling. Kylan, and the others soon joining us.

———————————————

"Haha I'm beating you. Screw you. Go cry you baby!" Kaleb cheered finishing first on the Mario Kart car game.

"Why on earth did you have to pick the Mario Kart game. Of all games" Kian scoffed moving off to another game. I watched the boys continue to bicker and walked over the couches where Kylan and my mother were sitting. I slumped next to Kylan and rested my head on his shoulder, my eyes drooping.

"Tired, Elle?" He asked softly and I nodded my head in response snuggling closer to his warm body. He hesitantly moved his arm so it wrapped around my shoulders and came back to rake my hair with his fingers. Before my eyes finally fluttered shut, I didn't miss the small exchange between my mother and him.

———————————————

I slowly awoke as I felt my body moving up and down slightly. I stirred in response to being woken.

"Shhh go back to sleep Elle. I'm just taking you to your room. You fell asleep in the car" I heard Kylan's deep voice from above me. He carefully carried me until we got to my room where he gently set me down on my bed. He moved the blanket so it went over my small frame.

I felt a hot breath on my forehead before a small kiss was left on it. I heard Kylan shuffle towards the door of the room.

"Goodnight Kylan" I mumbled.

"Goodnight Elle. Sleep tight" he responded but I didn't need to have my eyes open to know he was smiling.

 Sleep tight" he responded but I didn't need to have my eyes open to know he was smiling

A little family bonding for yous. It's so cute to see them getting along more, especially Elle opening up to them all. I just love every single one of them. Ahhh.

It's so cute with Elle and Kylan. He was so happy Elle was comfortable around him. And I just know her mother was happy too.

And happy birthday to both Kian and Kane! They turned 17! Yayy!

I'm always open to feedback so don't be shy. I hope you love how this is all coming together!