𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮

summary: in which, Harry comes home after a long day in the studio to his wife and their son, Oliver. Olly was all about Momma until Daddy came home, and he won't even allow Harry to kiss her.

trigger warnings: none

word count:

includes: dad!harry

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡

        IT'S barely past lunch when Harry is able to leave the studio, the band needing to wrap up recording due to Sarah and Mitch needing to take their little boy to the doctors, Harry didn't feel it was necessary to keep going without them. The main reason being he wanted to go home and spend some time with Y/N and their baby before Ellary got home from school. She was daddy's little girl, and she didn't let little Oliver get much of daddy's attention when she was around.

He stopped at a little bakery down the road and grabbed some pastries before he headed home, eager to see his wife. Their home wasn't anything extravagant, and quite frankly, Harry never wanted to leave. It was a cozy three bedroom, two bathroom home, right in the suburbs of Richmond. He knew that if they planned to expand their family, they would need to move to a bigger home—but Oliver was barely nine months; and they weren't ready for a newborn anytime soon.

        "Baby?" Harry called out as soon as he got home, setting his coat on the rack and slipping off his worn down vans, pushing the front door closed with his hips as he held the pastries secure in the other.

        "Kitchen!" She answered, Oliver's babbling following after her voice, his hand softly patting against her shoulder. She's standing by the stove, making pasta for a late lunch. Olly has been fed, though she knows she's gonna give him some of her pasta later. They've been slowly introducing him to new foods, and he's been pretty much a fan of everything, especially broccoli and egg whites.

Oliver is on her hip, his tiny hands gripping onto the oversized shirt that she wore, stirring the sauce in the pan. He's watching her every move like a hawk, like he knew what she was doing. "Hello, my loves." Harry cooed as he walked in, Oliver's head snapping around in an instant at the sound of his daddy's voice, a big smile on his chubby cheeks.

Oliver has been obsessed with Harry for the past few months. He went through a mommy phase at the very beginning, but that's long gone now. Daddy is his favorite at the moment, and he claps and giggles when Harry approaches the two of them and leans down to kiss all over his chubby face, making him laugh even more.

        "Hi, Daddy." She smiled, watching the scene between her two boys. Harry pressed one last sloppy kiss to Oliver's cheek, turning his attention towards her with a lovesick smile.

        "Hello, Mommy. Missed you." He hummed, placing the pastries and keys on the kitchen island before he leaned in to kiss her lips, but as soon as their lips touch, Oliver pitches a fit and pushes Harry's face away from her. "Oh wow." Harry laughed, his eyes wide as Oliver tries to grab his hair and pull him closer to him, demanding more kisses. "What, Daddy can't kiss Mommy now?" Oliver just babbled in response, almost as if he knew to respond.

        "So Daddy comes home and Mommy is instantly the enemy, huh? That's not how you acted when it was just me and you." Y/N told her baby, though his attention was fully focused on his Daddy.

        "Mommy needs Daddy's kisses too, bub." Harry smiled, trying to kiss her again before Oliver fell into a full blown tantrum, crying at the moment his parents try to lock lips. "Okay, I'm sorry!" Harry backed away, immediately taking the infant from her arms.

He was crying as if the world was ending, clinging onto Harry's shirt as Daddy covers him in kisses to calm him down. "I carry him for nine months and this is what I get in return." She mumbled under her breath, returning her attention to the sauce on the stove, careful not to burn it.

        "Baby Olly wants all of Daddy's attention, huh?" Harry asked, the infant cuddling into his neck as his crying subsided, rubbing his little snotty nose all over Harry's shoulder. He was enjoying being the center of Daddy's attention, and she couldn't even be mad at him for it. He was too cute. "Something is a bit smelly and it's not the food that I smell."

        "Can you change him, please?" She asked, turning off the burner and setting the sauce aside, draining the water from the cooked noodles.

        "'Course I will. Let's go get you in a clean nappy, how about it, bub?" Harry asked, bouncing the infant in his arms as he disappeared from the kitchen and into the nursery. After a few minutes, she turned the burner off and set the pasta aside, heading to check on the boys.

Harry is standing next to the changing table, Oliver's pants like a hat on his head, the infant laughing at him. Oliver was on the changing table with his hands and feet in the air, his body still on as Harry leaned down to speak to him.

        "I know you're team Daddy right now, but Daddy is team Mommy, so you'll have to let me kiss her, okay?" Harry discarded the dirty nappy and wiped his bum, grabbing a clean one from the basket. "Daddy will be sad if he doesn't kiss Mommy, you know. We don't want that, do we?"

Oliver stuck his tongue out and she took this time to walk up to them and wrap her arms around Harry's waist, eyeing her suspiciously, but he doesn't start crying this time. "We love Mommy, don't we? She's the best." Harry replaced Oliver's pants, picking him up and holding him against his chest.

Y/N took a chance and kissed Harry's cheek, Oliver sighing dramatically. He didn't cry this time, but he did raise his lips to kiss the exact same spot she did, replacing her kiss. "You little stink." She lightly pinched his cheek, Harry letting out a chuckle.

        "He gets his attitude from you, Mommy." Harry commented, looking over at her with a grin and leaning in to kiss her cheek. Y/N just smiled at him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

        "Whatever you say, Daddy."