2

Evelyn's Pov

I woke up, feeling a really bad body pain.
"E-Emma..."

"Yes?" I opened my eyes to see her sitting and still working on her laptop besides me.

"I-I don't feel that good..." I managed to speak.
I have no clue why I am feeling sick right now.

"What's wrong?" She looked at me and touched my forehead.
"You have fever! You are burning!" She panicked and immediately ran to get some medicines and a napkin.

I followed what she said and then took rest.
"Better now?" She asked with concern in her eyes.
"Yes... thankyou so much... no one has ever done all this for me." I accidentally revealed.. I tried to cover it up by faking a smile.

"I'll go check what other people are doing, it'll distract me." I said and she hesitated at first, before letting me go.

I roamed around in the hallway that was full of bright lights right now, and some students
chit-chatting and playing games with each other.

I spot one room where I saw a similar girl sitting alone.

"Is it you, Lily?" I asked.
The girl turned herself around to face me and it was indeed Lily. But, she was crying.

"Omg, why are you crying sweetie? Is everything okay?" I went up to her and wanted to comfort her.

"I miss mom." She cried harder.
"Are you allotted alone in this room? Or there is someone else too?" I asked with worry.

"There is a girl but I don't like her, she tells me to do this and that and what not... she hates me." She spoke with her cute baby accent and I felt very bad for her.

"Aw would you like to move in my room?" I asked and her expression could already tell me she wanted to come with me.

"Okay, so quickly pack your stuff, I will talk to your teacher and come, alright?" She nodded and I left the room.

"Ma'am, can she please move in with me? She isn't comfortable with her roommate." I asked and she, thankfully, allowed.

"Let's go cutie!" I held Lily's hand and we walked to my room.

I knocked slightly on the door and it swung open within two seconds.

"Oh, I was gonna come to find you only! I have got an urgent work to do, so I will have to go. Take care, bye!" She said and was about to leave but I stopped her.

"You can't go after bedtime! You'll get a very bad scolding." I said and she ignored it as she just rushed out.
"Ah, what do I do. Anyways, come Lily." I made her feel at ease when she came in the room.

I know there's one more reason that she's been crying, but I will not ask her now. Maybe, when we have a good bond she can tell me.

I tucked her in bed and bid her goodnight. Just after a few minutes, I heard her little snore.
Maybe she was very tired?
I stayed awake almost the whole night, worrying about Emma.
Is she ok? Where is she? What in the world is she doing so late at night? Is she safe?

All these questions roamed in my mind, distracting me from my sleep.

I decided to go out of the room, and straight to the garden.

I was peacefully sitting on the grass when I heard a loud scream.
I flinched on the loud noise and ran towards the direction it was coming from.
It was coming from.....

My room?

"Lily! Lily, are you okay!?" I yelled but there was no response. The door was locked from inside and I couldn't get through it.

"Lily, open the door! Now!" I scream again but, no response.
I go to find the teacher but no one's there.

"Lily....." i start crying, leaning on the door, trying to push it open.
A few seconds later the door swung open and i immediately ran inside to check on her.

"E-Evelyn..." she cried as if there's no tomorrow.
"Lily, what happened here?!"
I asked her as she started sniffing.

"T-there was someone in here...they made a loud noise so it woke me up... but when I looked around it was no one and the door was locked..."
She sobbed.

"It was just a nightmare, it's okay... calm down." I kept repeating the words to her till she fell asleep in my arms.

I quietly tuck her in bed and sleep besides her.
Totally forgetting about worrying for Emma.