13

- Emma's Pov -
~ no one's pov ~

"Lily! I'll bake some cake for you today, which flavour do you want?" I asked her as I sat besides her and fixed her ponytail.
"Ummm... Chocolate!"
"Okay! I'll go make it, you stay here and play with your toys."
Lily nodded and I got up and went to the kitchen.
I had already brought all the ingredients before-hand, cause of course, I knew Lily wouldn't say no for a yummy cake.

I quickly gathered the ingredients and started baking.
I really wanna invite Evelyn over for the cake since no one except my parents have ever tasted it, but I think I shouldn't disturb her since she's gone to her house.

- No one's Pov-
Emma was taking out an utensil but accidentally her hand touched the glass which was on the edge and it shattered and one of the piece fell on Emma's feet.

Emma slightly got scared because the glass broke, but didn't realise that her feet is bleeding, since it went numb for few seconds.

As soon she looked down, she saw the pool of blood.
She immediately lost her balance and fell on the ground.
Lily came inside to check for the cake as she's very hungry, but saw an extremely shocking thing.
"EMMA??!!" She screamed as she went near her but stopped as Emma spoke,
"Call someone... Call Nolan."
Lily nodded and ran to give a call to Nolan, from Emma's phone.

She rushed to the kitchen again with a towel, and tried to control the blood which was coming out.
"L-lily..." Emma muttered under her breath.
"I've called him, he's coming." Lily said as she looked tensed.

In a few seconds, there's a knock on the door, Lily rushes to open it, and as soon as the door's opened, Nolan runs towards the kitchen and stops for a moment, looking at the amount of blood loss from Emma's feet, and after that, he picks her in bridal style, and takes her to the nearest hospital in his car.

- After sometime -
"Are you okay now?" Nolan asks Emma as he sits besides the hospital bed.
"Y-yeah... just wondering where Evelyn is.."
"Don't worry about her, I'll call her in sometime to check if everything's fine."
Nolan assured Emma.
"Now sleep, and if you need anything, you know I'm right here." He smiled and went outside the room.

Emma sleeps, and Nolan calls Evelyn.
"H-hey.." Evelyn says as she picks the phone call.
"Hi, how are you?" Nolan asks her.
"I'm F-Fine... what bout you?"
"Umm yeah kinda bad..."
"What's wrong?" Evelyn tightened the grip on the phone.
"Umm.. Emma..."
"What happened?!" Evelyn tightens the phone even more after hearing Emma's name.
"She got 7 stitches on her feet... we're at the hospital right now."
"WHAT?! How?!" Evelyn gets extremely tensed.
"I don't know that yet... I wasn't there, it was just Lily and her, so Lily called me and told me to come there quickly since it's an emergency."
"I-I... I really want to talk to Emma..."
"She just fell asleep.. probably you can come here in the morning?"
"O-okay... I-I'll try to."
Evelyn said which made Nolan slightly doubt that something's off. She's never said 'I'll try to' when it comes to Emma or Lily's help.
"Okay sure, goodnight and take care!"
They both hang up.
Nolan wonders what might've happened but goes to sleep anyways.