Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Derek looked at me with eyes that almost popped out of his head. I swear I have NEVER seen him that happy. I almost thought he was mad but by the excitement in his eyes he defiantly wasn't.

He finally spoke. "Well guardians started a very long time ago whe-"I cut him off. "Is this one of those boring made up stories you used to always tell me?" He was furious that I cut him off, but he seemed to just ignore it.

He continued. "A long time ago a pack was out on a hunt. What they didn't know was they weren't the only one's hunting. Humans were there to. They coated them self's with forest smells so animals wouldn't smell them. So the humans decide when they saw the wolves to follow them, and kill them with their prey and get extra food. When the wolves were hunting they decided once they got their kills they would shift so it would be easier to bring home. Once they got their prey they transformed. They humans saw. The wolves finally noticed them, and confronted them. They made them swear to never tell a soul except for their family. The wolves called them the guardians, because they helped over time even though they didn't have wolves. So that's how the guardians came to be."

Wow all this stuff was confusing. I felt a needle being poked into my upper left arm, and when I looked it was Grace. She had a I'm sorry look on her face and I felt the darkness trying to swallow me. In the background I hear Derek say. "Why did you do that!" I barely heard Grace say. "The wolf is going to take over and we can't let that happen before her father is here." Darkness was slowly taking over, and before it did I though. What are my parents' names? Then a pain hit me like someone tore my skin apart, and then it was gone, and so the darkness came. Just barely audible I heard the door slam open, and then I was engulfed into darkness.

As I was in the darkness it was just me, and my wolf. I just simply sat down. My wolf came and sat next to me. After a moment of silence she spoke. "Hello Aria. I am your wolf."

"M-my wolf?" I said amazed. I had a wolf? Since when? Why has she never talked to me? "I know this is all confusing, and it's all new. You always had a wolf, but they don't usually 'let you know' until you're at lease 15, but in your case you transformed very early. Unfortunately I didn't get to take over, because they drugged you making me unable to take over." She said with a sigh.

I didn't get any of this. "So you take over? Is that the pain I felt before the darkness came?" I said with confusion. She looked at me, and said. "Yes at the age of 15 we take over, but in your case I take over when you awake." You're already just stared. That was the pain you felt. I started the transformation, but Grace stopped me with her drugs."

Saying Grace's name reminded me to ask. "What pack are the assassins from and what do you know about them?" I needed to know! I need to kill them to get revenge for my mother's death, and having a face father. "Aria why do you feel you need to get revenge on the assassins?" My wolf said. Even in wolf form I could tell she felt worried about my passion for revenge. "Well um..." I thought for a second, and I asked her a question I should have asked a long time ago. "Did you read my mind?" She looked at me and laughed. It sounded more like a snort, because she was a wolf. Then another question popped into my mind. What is her name?

My wolf looked at me dumbfounded and said. "My name is whatever you choose, and yes I read your mind. You see I am you, and you are me. We are one."

Seriously! So now do I not only have to live with this new life, but have someone be 'me', and have a whole different mind!" I was about to burst. Then a pain like no other hit me.

My wolf, and me fell to the ground. Her howling in pain, and me screaming in pain. Then my eyes shot open to see someone used a silver knife to scrape my left eye going across to my nose. I hadn't even realized what happened. Then my wolf took over. Pain so great made me fall over unto the ground. As I looked at my body my skin was bursting open and then a new furry layer of skin came over. My bones broke shifted, moved, and rebuilt. I grew a muzzle, paws, and a tail.

__________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys sorry this was so slow! I just had to do a lot of homework lately but today I update 2 chapters so hope you forgive me! Thank you reader for support and encouragement! Without you guys I don't really think I would still be doing this! Love you all. =)

~Rayz