Legacies Left Behind

Summary:

The stars that made this constellation slowly come to light, and the first star he hears about other than Delta Capricorni is Nashira.

And apparently, he can't just punch his problems away. Quite disappointing actually.

~•~•~•~•~•~

Over the few days, he had been trying to lay as low as possible. If he were to go out fighting crime so soon, there's a possibility that people can piece everything together, or worse, he can put the two and two together.

That didn't mean he couldn't scout the area out. He wished that he could jump from roof to roof without One For All, but sadly, he can't do that yet.

“You're too weak for that, still a useless burden.” a fragment of his mind whispered into his ear, taunting him. He swiftly ignored it, opting to wander in the streets instead. He saw a group of shady-looking men wander into the depths of the city, saying something about the ‘underground’ and ‘Red-light district’. He wasn't sure if he wanted to know about the last part, but the first part was indeed intriguing. 

Eh, it's something he'll look into later.

But right now, he needs to find himself a trainer. His fighting skill is equivalent to a half-boiled egg which isn't even technically half-boiled since it had only been boiling for 5 minutes, more than around 8% boiled. 

Maybe he could venture into the slums? Maybe they'd have something interesting? 

In the end, he decided to explore the slums, entering an alleyway that led to the area, it was quite easy to slip in under the dying lights of sunlight. Accidentally, he knocked over a bottle of a ragged man who was sitting on the cold asphalt, spilling the contents on the ground.

“Oi brath, watshh where you're stheppin'!” The man slurred out, clearly drunk off his ass. Izuku ignored him and moved on, weaving deeper and deeper into the area. The place was cramped, as expected. Oddly shaped houses filled the place, some of the houses were made of tin and mud while the others were made of concrete and bricks and were colored with extremely saturated paint.

Here are a few odd things, however. The houses were decorated, and lanterns were hanging off of the ropes that stretched from one pole to another. Most of the people here had mutant quirks. They weren't minor mutations, but rather major ones. 

And most of them are heading in the same direction. 

He chose to follow the crowd, moving along with them at a steady pace. People were carrying oil, candles, incense sticks, and lamps made of mud. Every face had a smile, not even an ounce of fear or worry could be seen. Only the excitement of something. The children had ignited sparklers in their hands, running happily in groups of three to five. It made him wonder, ‘What is happening?’ He could feel the happiness and positivity of the atmosphere seep into his soul.

It made him feel lighter. He felt as if he could float away without a care in the world.

Suddenly, he was overshadowed by someone. “Oi kid, where's your stuff?” Izuku looked back to see a large man with a turtle shell on his head. The man overshadowed everyone.

“I'm sorry, I actually don't know what's going on here. I'm just curious about all of this.”

The man let out a hearty laugh and patted Izuku on the back, it had enough force to almost topple him. He said, “Don't sweat it buddo! I'll share some of my stuff with ya. Now, wanna check out the place? Get on my shoulder!” He outstretched his hand and Izuku climbed up, the man lifted his hand and put Izuku on his shoulder. He could see everything much clearer now. He could see a clearing at the far end of the road, the sea of the crowd seemed to move towards that central location.