Chapter 8

Normal P.O.V.

Athanasia walks to her desk and start working her way through the papers. Lucas walks to the L shaped couch and start laying and doesn't take her eyes off of athanasia.

"I mean, it's your office. It's also one of the things your mother designed and it's still there. You can make a new office and work there. That way you can have a office your way and a way to remember your mother".

"Thanks, Lucas. I don't know what to do".

Athanasia looks at Lucas for a moment and blushes.

"w-why are you looking at me like that?"

"Because you look cute".

Lucas gets up from the sofa and walks out. Athanasia wants to go after him but then thinks he needs to go somewhere. She continues working for a half of an hour and hears her stomach grumble. She starts to get up. She walks to the door and opens it. She sees Lucas sitting on the floor with food waiting. Lucas looks up at Athanasia and speaks

"Finally,".

"Why are you sitting on the floor. Is that food for me? How did you know I was hungry? Give it to me, I am so hungry".

"Hold your horses----

"I don't have horses".

"I meant that as a metaphor. I was waiting to see if you would get up to get food or starve yourself to death. Give me a kiss if you want the food or you could just watch as your boyfriend eats the food all by myself".

Athanasia thinks for a minute. Her stomach is grumbling so loud. She kneels to Lucas and kisses his cheeks, takes all the bags, and walks in her office slamming the door. Lucas stands and open's the door. She starts eating as if she hadn't eaten food for a couple of days.

"Where's my juice".

"Number one, have you eaten before. Number 2, I don't work here. I was being thoughtful by buying lunch with my money and you haven't even said thanks and demanding more from me".

Lucas pouts and sits on the couch facing away from her. Athanasia quietly gets up and wraps her hands around Lucas' shoulder and says thanks. Then Lucas pulls her into his lap. Athanasia blushes.

"Let me go Lucas. I have work to do for today and from the past years".

"Why don't you eat first and do todays files while I'll help you look at the past years files and help you. I won't do it for free. You must sit in my lap and kiss me on the lips to pay me. I won't take anything as a payment".

Athanasia blushes and continues eating while lowering her head. Her hair falls and covers her cheeks so Lucas can't see her blush. Athanasia didn't see Lucas get up and come behind her.

"Why are you blushing"

"GOD LUCAS. YOU SCARED ME. CAN'T YOU WALK WITH SOUND".

"I did but you were busy stuffing that chubby face with food".

Lucas picks up Athanasia and sits on her chair. He then places her on his lap.

"Continue eating, I won't disturb you".

"Lucas let me go".

"No, I don't want to".

"Someone would come"

"If they do, we'll hear a knock. Stop wasting time and continue eating."

Athanasia continues eating when she remembers that she forgot about Atheia. She then goes on her phone and calls Lily.