[7] Zombie's death

Screams.
That was all that was heard.
Footsteps.
...
Silence.
Wait.
Speaking. Someone was there.
More voice. Multiple people?

~~~~~

Cain couldn't make out a single thing. The only thing he remembered was pain. And he still felt it.
It was like someone had hit his body with a hammer multiple times.

"Cain?! Oh my God! My baby!"

A familiar voice.
He couldn't pinpoint it at first. But then it hit him.
It was his mother's.

"Sweety, it's gonna be okay, you just need to hang in there! Please..."

His mother's voice was getting fainter, but he heard he crying. It broke his heart knowing that he couldn't move, to console her, to reassure her.

"...DO SOMETHING! My baby is probably lying there in pain and you aren't doing anything!..."

The words swam around in his mind. She was right, he was in tremendous pain, but it was easing slightly.
And that's when everything went silent. Nothing hurt anymore. It felt freeing.
Yet there was this constant beeping noise. It wouldn't shut up, even when Cain covered his ears.
Now he knew that this mean something bad, but he just couldn't quite remember why.

~~~~~

Jules hugged the body of her flatlining son, Cain, while screaming bloody murder as the doctors tried to calm her down.

"No! I'VE JUST LOST MY SOME TO SOME FUCKERS THAT DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO DO THEIR JOB PROPERLY!"

After her small outburst, she sunk down to the floor in tears, cradling her dead son.
The doctors tried to comfort her, but it was no use.
She just needed to accept the fact that her son was gone, and he was not coming back.

~~~~~

Sitting on the bench, alone, Jules sobbed. She had just been to the funeral for Cain.
She was the last one there, still mourning, and that was when he decided to approach her.

"Hey... Jules, was it? I- I have some terrible news to share with you..."

"Whatever it is, I'm sure I can't be worse than this!"

She let out a shaking laugh, but it was so clearly forced. That's when he decided to drop the bombshell on her.

"Yeah... so my name's Ein, and I feel so incredibly bad! I'm so so sorry miss... I was the person who hit your son with my car..."

^^^^^^^^^

Sorry that this chapter is so short, I had a burst of inspiration for Zombie's death.
Wither hit him with his car.

No because I can just imagine them now, laughing about this terrible event.

"You do know I was the one who hit you with the car, right?"

"Oof."

"You went crunch Lmao."

Anyway make sure to stay safe and remember to eat/drink!

Xx