Shocking News

Elizabeth woke to the sound of her alarm on the bedside table. She groaned and rolled over, hitting it with her hand a few times before it finally stopped the annoying ringing. She yawned and sat up, rubbing her eyes. She stretched and got up, going back her daily routine. Get up, take a shower, get dressed, eat breakfast then head to the barn to train with her dad.

As she walked into the barn, she felt as if something was off and stopped, looking around. "Dad?" She called, not seeing him inside. She headed back to the house and into the study, spotting her dad sitting down, reading through some mail. "Dad? What is it?" She asked curiously. He said nothing and just handed her a letter. She opened it quickly and read through it, going pale as she realized what it was.

"But..... I thought selections only happened in Illéa...." She whispered to herself before looking up at him. The letter was an invitation to enter the selection held for the Rebel leader's son. Greyson James. Elizabeth looked at her father, waiting for what he wanted her to do.

"You will enter and you will win." He said coldly to her. She nodded slowly and clutched the letter to her chest. "Now go get ready and fill out the form." He snapped. With that, she quickly scurried up to her room and began filling out the form. It asked her some normal questions like, 'Special Skills?' Or 'Name?'

It all seemed normal until she came to the last question, 'Are you afraid of death?' She paused to think about it then wrote down the honest truth. She wasn't scared of death. At least then she would finally be with her real parents.

She sighed and set it down then changed and tidied up. If she was accepted, there was no turning back. She finished up and grabbed the form then headed back downstairs. "Let's go." He father practically growled out. With that, they left to sign her up.