Departure

Elizabeth woke early into the morning to her father shaking her. "Wake up El! Come on, your going to be late!" He said, his voice irritated. She let out a small groan and reluctantly sat up, yawning as she rubbed her eyes. Her mind was still fogged by sleep so she couldn't tell why he was rushing her.

"What am I going to be late for?" She asked, yawning again before standing up and stretching. Suddenly everything came flooding back to her and she froze, going as pale as a ghost. "I'm going to be late!" She practically screamed and started rushing around, shoving her few belongings into her small bag.

Within ten minutes she was in her new outfit, her hair quickly but neatly styled and a bit of make up on. She ran down the stairs, her bag thrown over her shoulder with all her things in it. Elizabeth grabbed some toast and milk quickly and ran out to the truck and jumped in, scarfing down the small breakfast.

Her father headed towards the train station, reaching it in twenty minutes. By this time, they only had five to say their final goodbyes before the train left without her. She looked up at him and hugged him tightly. "I'm going to miss you...." She whispered, nearly in tears.

He hugged her back gently then pulled back and put his hands on her shoulders. "I'll miss you too but El..... There's something I need to tell you." He began gently. She looked up at him in confusion, hearing the uneasy tone in his voice. "Dad...?" She asked. He sighed and shut his eyes. "I'm not your father. I.... I killed your real parents. You were so young.... I don't expect you to remember...." He murmured.

She stared at him, going into a complete speechless shock. He gave a quick hug then pushed her into the train. A worker took Elizabeth to her seat before the train took off. She stared out the window at her 'father' as he disappeared into the distance.

Whatever she had just gotten herself into, well, it wasn't good. She had a much worse ending to come....