☀️17

The drive to the main base was long and it seemed like they were driving for hours, well at least Soeun felt that way

The main base was located far away from the city in a secluded area where no one lived.

"When will we be there?" Soeun asked her soulmate who was sitting next to her in the backseat.

"We're almost there" he simply replied and went back to his phone.

After around 30 mins they stopped the car in front of a big square building in the middle of the forest. Soeun looked at the building with wide eyes.

Mark, who was driving stopped the car and showed his id to the guard standing in front of the big gate.

After checking his identity, the gate opened revealing a big mansion and a large garden surrounding the building.

Soeun gawked at the scene lying before her eyes.

"Close your mouth angel a fly might enter it" the boy sitting next to her said.

Soeun awkwardly chuckled and followed the boy outside.

The NCT headquarters loomed before her, its black glass façade reflecting the city's chaos like a dark mirror. Inside, the sleek lobby gleamed with marble and chrome, a chilling contrast to the sinister dealings that unfolded within its walls.

As they ascended to the top floor, the air grew thick with anticipation. Soeun's heart raced with a mix of excitement and nerves, knowing she was about to meet the elusive leader of NCT.

The doors slid open, revealing a commanding figure with piercing eyes that seemed to see right through her. Yet, to her surprise, his gaze softened, and a warm smile spread across his face.

"Welcome, little one," he said, his deep voice dripping with sincerity.
"I've heard so much about you"

"T-Thank you for having me... I look forward to spending more time with you all"

Taeyong in return gave her a warm smile and a nod of approval to Haechan.

"Alright you guys can take a load off for now. Meeting will start as soon as Wayv returns. We'll get down to business then"

The room seemed to exhale collectively, tension easing as the team members nodded and began to disperse, chatting quietly among themselves. Haechan, her soulmate, caught her eye and smiled.

"Do you want a tour of the base? "

"Can I? "

"of course let's go"

As they walked, Haechan pointed out various features of the base, from the state-of-the-art training facilities to the sleek, high-tech control rooms. Soeun listened, wide-eyed, taking it all in. The base was even more impressive than she'd imagined, and Haechan's pride in it was palpable.