☀21

Soeun stood in shock in her living room, the pain stabbing through her abdomen inexplicably until Renjun's urgent voice on the phone connected the dots—Haechan, her soulmate, was in danger

"Soeun, it's ok he's gonna be fine" Sumin consoled her friend.

"What if he-"

"No everything is gonna be ok alright. I have to head home because my Dad said something important came up but keep me updated on his condition ok? "

Soeun nods softly as Sumin brings her into a hug. Her heart aching for her friend whose soulmate was in grave danger. She knew how much the girl liked her soulmate despite his initial behavior towards her. Soon Sumin left leaving the girl alone in her thoughts.

When the doorbell rang, Soeun's heart skipped a beat. She opened the door to find Doyoung standing there, his usually composed demeanor now tinged with worry. "Soeun, we need to go," he said softly, his voice conveying the gravity of the situation.

Soeun nodded wordlessly, her mind racing with concern for Haechan. She followed Doyoung to the waiting car, the journey to the NCT base filled with tense silence. Questions buzzed in her mind, but she found herself unable to voice any of them.

As they arrived at the base, Soeun was met with a flurry of activity. Members rushed past her, some looking exhausted, others visibly distressed. Renjun appeared by her side, his expression grave as he guided her deeper into the base.

"He's in surgery," Renjun explained quietly, his voice barely above a whisper. "It was... bad."

Soeun's chest tightened with worry, her thoughts consumed by Haechan's well-being. She nodded, unable to find the right words. Renjun placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder, guiding her towards the area where Haechan was being treated.

The sight of him lying unconscious on a makeshift medical bed hit Soeun hard. She approached cautiously, her heart aching at the sight of him so vulnerable. The connection between them felt stronger than ever, her own pain mirroring his in a way that was inexplicable yet undeniable.

She reached out, gently taking Haechan's hand in hers, silently willing him to pull through. As she sat by his side, surrounded by the somber presence of the NCT members, Soeun clung to hope, praying for Haechan's recovery with every fiber of her being.

As Soeun clasped Haechan's hand tightly, a faint, ethereal light began to emanate from their intertwined fingers. It started as a gentle glow, casting a warm and comforting aura around them in the otherwise dimly lit room of the NCT base.

Members around them exchanged bewildered glances, some cautiously stepping closer, drawn by the inexplicable phenomenon unfolding before their eyes. The air felt charged with a mix of hope and disbelief.

Slowly, almost imperceptibly at first, Haechan's wound began to close. The torn flesh knitted together, the bleeding stopped, and color returned to his ashen complexion. It was as if the light itself was lending its healing touch, guided by the profound connection between Soeun and Haechan.