Chapter 2

3rd POV

 A swirl of snow suddenly formed in the front yard of the wooden house located in the island near the frozen continent. It wasn't the wind that was creating the swirl, but was a single woman.

 The swirl of snow died down, revealing a feminine figure standing on the snowy ground. She was only wearing a white cloth which was wrapped around her head and body, and was barefoot on the freezing ground. Despite her outfit, she didn't look like she was feeling any coldness as she brushed the strand of her silverish blue hair out of her sight.

 The ground made crunching sounds as her bare feet made contact with the slightly frozen snow. However there was no footptints left on the snow when she reached the porch of the house. The woman opened the door without making any sounds and entered the house.

 The first thing she saw upon entering the house was a gray haired man lying on the couch with some teacups flying around rapidly above his head.

"What do you think you're doing now?" The woman said in an exasperated voice. The gray haired man was so surprised that he almost dropped the cups and shattered them into pieces. Almost.

"Rimuru? I told you to at least knock on the door before entering." The gray haired man complained as Rimuru took the cups away from him.

"And I told you not to fool around with these things again, Irrith." Rimuru replied coldly, ignoring his complaints. She made the cups disappear with a single wave of her hand, leaving only one behind.

"Is she awake?" Rimuru asked as she poured the tea in her cup.

"You mean your vampire girlfriend? She did, just a while ago. She's sleeping again now." Irrith replied making Rimuru choke and cough out some of the tea she was drinking. She wouldn't have been affected by his words in normal condition, but because of the memory of her conversation with an old friend, she overreated for a second.

"What do you mean my 'girlfriend'?" Rimuru asked glaring at Irrith who was playing with his fingers casually as if nothing happened.

"Heh, don't try to deny it. I've never seen you carrying someone in your arms for thousands of years. (Irrith)

"Stop your nonsense or I'll ban you from visiting hell. You know what will happen if I do, right?" Rimuru threatened as she stood up from her seat. She walked to the room where Luminas is, completely ignoring Irrith's protests.

'Now that I think about it, why did I carried her in my arms? ...No stop thinking about that!' Rimuru shook her head slightly, trying to brush off her thought.

 She opened the door and entered the room. Luminas was still sleeping, buried in white blanket. Rimuru sat on the chair next to the bed and stared at the sleeping vampire.

'So, is this the time Chloe? I have your friend we promised in front of me, but still I'm not sure if it's the right timing.' As Rimuru was thinking, Luminas's eyes fluttered open.

 She blinked her eyes slowly before turning her head to the side to see Rimuru staring at her. Faint blush appeared on her face as their heterochromic eyes met each other.

'Beautiful... I'm honestly happy that I've got to see her again...' Luminas thought as she turned her face away from her reluctantly. Part of her wanted to look at Rimuru's pretty face longer, but her shyness stopped it.

 Luminas was surprised that she became the one who was feeling shy. Most of the time it was the exact opposite but she couldn't help but to get shy in front of the woman sitting next to her.

"There's no use in hiding your face. I can see it even if you hide it." Rimuru said bluntly as she kept on staring at the vampire queen who slowly turned her head to face her.