Chapter 4

3rd POV

"Are you the one who is trying to get my cute Rimuru?"

 Luminas felt a drop of sweat rolling down the back of her neck when she heard that from the white haired woman whose eyes, which turned bright yellow, were glowing dangerously.

 Luminas looked at Rimuru who was standing behind Velzard desperately, only to meet a slightly sympathetic gaze that seemed to say, 'I'm sorry but it's your problem.'

'Why did I end up in this situation?' Luminas thought as she tried to avert her gaze from Velzard's freezing glare.

.........

......

...

 The cause of this event happened a month ago.

 It was a normal day as usual. Rimuru was in her room, readying herself for an outing. It has been two months since she last visited Velzard, so she thought she ought to visit her. Velzard told her to come too, so there won't be any problems.

 But at that moment, the problem opened the door and came into the room.

"Can't you just stay here Rimuru?" Luminas said as she approached the back of Rimuru and wrapped her arms around her neck.

 Yes. Luminas made contact with her. It was a long journey with lots of obstacles, but Luminas made it.

 There's still some distance from her final goal but it was a remarkable improvement.

 As for Rimuru, she had given up on stopping Luminas. Though it was annoying to hear Irrith's teasing, it was better than hiding away from Luminas all the time.

"I told you I have to go." Rimuru said as she put her hand on Luminas's and tried to push it away which she failed.

"It won't hurt anyone to miss a single meeting." Luminas said close to her head, making her breath tickle her ear.

"Someone will definitely get hurt or at least there will be a problem." (Rimuru)

"If I say that I'll take care of that problem, will you stay?" (Luminas)

"Are you sure about that?" Rimuru asked raising her left eyebrow.

 Luminas nodded and Rimuru considered the situation for a moment.

'It would be a bad idea to miss the meeting with Velzard-sama, but maybe I could use this chance to show Luminas what she is facing.' (Rimuru)

 After making a final decision, Rimuru turned to her left and looked at Luminas sideways.

"Alright. But be aware that I won't help you no matter what happens to you." (Rimuru)

"You know, you will be more charming if you stop using that blunt talking style." Luminas said as she kept on hugging Rimuru from her back, which made her wonder when she is going to move off.

"How long are you going to stay like that?" Rimuru said which made Luminas pout.

"Hmpf, I'll stay like this until I'm satisfied." Luminas said as she tightened her grip around her. Rimuru just sighed knowing that she will do exactly as she said and let her do whatever she wants.

 There seemed to be no major problem in Luminas's plan of making Rimuru stay with her, until Velzard started to wonder why Rimuru, who came every time she asked her to, wasn't coming to visit her.

"I wonder why she isn't coming. She didn't seem to have any problem the last time she visited me." Velzard said to herself as she sat on her throne.

 Sure she knew that Rimuru can't come if there was major event, but then it was a really rare occasion and Rimuru would have at least told her that she can't come.