Chapter Two - Prison

"It's your turn Miss. Chrome," glared the police man, determining if the black and white suit was too big for her. Adeline stepped forward, almost losing her balance. Her black hair styled in a ponytail was scattered in many directions. Adeline was always in this position, to where she was in jail. She didn't actually go to jail since she was too young. Although now, she was nervous.

For once in Adeline's short thirteen years, she was actually caught, this would be her punishment, in jail. The police man guided Adeline to the walled old-fashioned phone. Adeline was almost terrified to touch the phone. Her aunt, who was the last person there for Adeline, had died from electricity, more specific a phone. Finally, after a long awkward minute of miserable memories and emotions, Adeline took her skinny, cold hand and gently picked up the phone, unsure of how to use it. It had been months possibly years since Adeline had used a phone or even held a phone. She knew in her heart, that she had to be brave, that someday everything would change, things couldn't possibly get worse.

Adeline's grey beautiful eyes closed, lost in memory. Taking a breath, she thought about the hard times she'd gone through, making it hard to concentrate where she was. Dazzled, she began to shiver with revenge. One day, when the time was right, Aurelius would get revenge.

"Your two minutes are done," said the police man, confused why Adeline hadn't moved. Adeline then nodded, frustrated at the thought of what's next. Then, Adeline let go of the memories, and followed the police man politely.

As Adeline followed him, she knew it was time for her to go to her cell. She peered through the other cells, discovering life in cells wasn't to grand. By the time Adeline was about to puke at the thought of that horrible smell, he stopped, looked behind him to see if Adeline had catched up.

The police man took his dark hand, and grabbed the small keys which would start a whole new life for Adeline, a jail life. The man opened the brown door, and let Adeline in. Adeline felt a rush of cold air past her, making her light hand colder than it already was. Right in the middle of the cell, was a small cushioned red couch, which was where Adeline sat.

As Adeline glanced, there were three other woman in the cell. A red-headed young girl, with tattoos all over her pale arm. an older person, with already a torn suit, and the one that most frightened Adeline, a middle aged woman, with ashy brown hair that was pretty big. Silence flew through the cool cell, making its way to others. Adeline glanced at the stone floor, something ran from area to area. It was a black mouse. Small as can be, Adeline stepped on the floor, her sandals squeezed together, without hardly any noise, Adeline picked up the black mouse, and put it into her pocket.

Time flew by, and the cook came to Adeline's cell, and gave the disgusting jail food that Adeline had heard of. There were three small tomatoes, cheese, grapes, and a small sandwich, which probably cost less than five dollars, each served on a separate plastic plate. Adeline received her plate first (because she was obviously new.) Normally, Adeline would have to get her own food, but would being in jail really be all that different from her originally lifestyle?

There was only a little piece of cheese left. Adeline was still very hungry, but she had to think about something or someone else depending on food. Adeline quickly inserted the piece of cheese into her pocket. The mouse gently grabbed the cheese, which was already bitten off of, and ate it.

Adeline started to worry about how long she will be in jail for.

"Adeline Chrome?" asked a female security.

"Yes?" Adeline replied, relieved she would finally leave the cell for once.

"Please follow me, we have some issues to discuss," Adeline stood up, her back hurting from all the hours that passed, sitting on the uncomfortable seat. The room was a plaid white color. Very organized, Adeline said to herself.

~~~~
Hi People! Just so you know, the girl in the media is Adeline Chrome!