Chapter 2

The twoleg walked in the room. Its bare paws extended. It grabbed the kit and begun stroking it. Get off me! I hate this you know! The kit thought trying to break free. She starting wailing like the kit she was. She cried louder and louder until her saw a bit of fur. She started wailing and looked around. Suddenly a cat came and scratched the twoleg, which made it loosen its grip on the kit and she freed herself. "Ill take you somewhere safe kit" the tom said, picking up the kit from its scruff. The tom sprinted across the den and outside. The twoleg cried and ran after them. The tom ran down a thunderpath, leaving the twoleg on the other side. He slowed down and padded towards the back of a twoleg place. Their was a shecat there as well as two small kits. The tom dropped the kit beside the shecat and asked, "Now what was a kit doing in a twoleg den?" The kit mewed out, "There was a fox that killed my mother and when I ran away I bumped into the thing." The tom nodded and looked at the shecat who mewed sadly, "Oh no! That's terrible. Do you have a name?" The kit fixed her eyes on the shecat, looking horrified, "Oh no! My mother didn't name me yet!" She realized "I... don't have a .... name.." the kit mewed sadly.  The tom and shecat looked at each other and nodded. "My name is Coal and this is my mate, Flowerbud. You can stay with us for a while, then I will take somewhere safe." Coal said smiling.