Chapter 4

I sighed as finished The Wandering Samurai, the first book of a trilogy. It was nothing like Samurai Jack, in fact it was a little boring...okay I take that back, it was very boring. I can write better than this!

It was still night time, I had finished it so quickly it wasn't even funny. There was no jokes, no drama, just one guy going on and on about honour and shit like that. Okay yes, his wife was dead, that was sad, but other than that there was nothing relatable about the guy!

I sighed, I swear I can do a much better job than this author! No wonder Jiraiya's smut is the most popular series in this world, compared to that everything else is crap!

Ping!

Quest Alert!

Write a story and get someone to read it!

Rewards:

+300 EXP

Failure:

Be stuck with lame books

Do you accept?

Y/N?

I blinked, 'you have got to be joking.' But no, it was right there, a quest to write a story, my very own book. Was I a writer in my previous life? Hm, I don't know but....it seemed like something I would do.

I remember stories from my old life, Batman, Superman, Avengers, Powerpuff girls, you know, the usual. Maybe....I could write those stories as my own! I would have to make some modification to suite the ninja world but...yes, I can do it!

Would it be plagiarism? Yes, most definitely, but if I can get my stories published, then I can fucking make money! Maybe move out of this place! Yes, I can do this!

I immediately pressed yes accepting the quest. I quickly made a mental list of what i need to do to write a story. First of all I need to practise Kanji as they use that to write books. I need a blank book and a pen, both will be easy to get. But the kanji...hm, well, two birds, one stone.

That morning I went into the library and returns all the books I took. I then searched around, looking for books teaching kanji. I found three.

I quickly checked out all three books and one on handwriting. Misa was curious why I needed this, I just told her I needed to improve my handwriting. Which was true.

I finished washing dishes and got to class, sitting with Naruto as we listened to Iruka teach everyone math. I finished that day's problems and took out the kanji book, taking a pen to my note I began to practise.

I practised during lunch and even in other classes. Naruto asked me why I wanted to do this but I just told him it's because I wanted to get better handwriting.

The last class of the day for us was physical training, we had to run twenty laps and do other exercises, such as pull ups and push ups. This worked out well for me;

Ping!

You gained +1 VIT!

VIT- 9

Ping!

You have gained +2 DEX!

DEX- 4

Apparently pull ups and push ups counts as exercises dealing with dexterity. On another note, I really need to work harder on my DEX, it's really low. Disturbance style involves a lot of movement, the more flexible I am the more effective it can be.