Chapter 24

"I cannot," Itachi replied, "since you seem to be well informed I'll tell you this...Pain, the leader of the Akatsuki, is planning something big. He requires all the bijuu to do it. I cannot leave until every single member is stopped."

"Then it looks like I have another mission," I sighed.

Ping!

Quest Alert!

Defeat the Akatsuki! (1/9)

Rewards:

?

?

?

Failure:

Death

Do you accept?

Y/N?

I selected yes and dismissed the box.

"You cannot just destroy nine S rank level ninjas," Itachi replied.

I shrugged, "I already killed one so far. What's another eight? Either way I need to kill them," I turned to Hashirama, "what do you think?"

"Kind of blunt, but I like it!" Hashirama grinned.

"If you need anything summon us," Tobirama replied before dismissing himself, returning to the coffin and deactivating.

"Do you have the locations of all members?" Minato asked.

Itachi looked at him for a moment before turning to me, "why are you so set on bringing me back home?"

"You are a great ninja, you have sacrificed so much...is it really surprising I want you rewarded for your actions?" I asked.

"You flatter me," Itachi sighed.

"Oh no, he doesn't give you enough justice if anything," Hashirama laughed, "you're a much greater ninja than me, that's for sure!"

"If you are going to do this...then you will need my help," Itachi replied, "even you can't take one eight of them alone...especially Pain."

"Please," I grinned, "I already have the perfect plan to get rid of them all. But...I wouldn't say no to help."

"I see...very well," Itachi threw a seal at me, "use that to contact me once your current mission is finished, as I understand it, you have one final base of Orochimaru's to destroy."

"One final one?" I raised an eyebrow, "I thought I got them all."

"No, not quite. There is a secret base he kept in Grass, in Kusa. It was a base he alone used and no one else. He once tried to lure me into it...it is located in the woods somewhere, unfortunately I don't know any other details."

I nodded, "right then, thanks for the details," I put the envelope away and smiled, "Sasuke's going to flip."

"No...don't tell him."

I snorted, "oh please, and why shouldn't I?"

"I...I need him to hate me," Itachi replied, "he has too...if he doesn't, then he'll remain weka."

"That is a very depressing way to look about like Itachi," Minato replied with sad eyes, "you...you can become strong without being depressed you know."

"I know," Itachi smiled, "but...I don't think I deserve the love Sasuke has for me...not after what I did."

"Maybe he should decide for himself, yes?" I asked.