Chapter 10

It took us only a day and a half to reach the capital of the Land of fire. It was called Hono and it was beautiful.

When we came upon it for the first time I actually had to stop myself and gasp. It was like seeing an edo era painting come to life. Buildings built like an edo castle with rooftops reaching at least 20 stories high.

The walls were forty stories high and the gates made out of ironwood. We came upon the entrance and were halted by two guards, both dressed in samurai armor with blades at their side.

"Halt, what business do you have in Hono respected ninja of Konoha?" the gaurd asked.

Ko bowed a little, which we copied, he then spoke, "we are here on a mission for the nobel Socio, he has asked for Konoha's aide in protecting his daughter, we have answered that call."

The man asked to see the mission scroll which Ko produced. He looked it over once before allowing us inside.

The gates opened up to resolve a city so jam packed I thought people would be suffocating themselves, but there was more than enough space for everyone.

The entire city was built upon a hill, with the markets and other commercial builds built near the bottom and around the edges while the bigger houses, or rather castles if you wanted to be technical, rested on the top, with single laned roads being the only way to access them...or roof top.

The people move around, bustling in action. I saw a few ninjas here and there and even detected a couple of high level people hiding behind a few buildings keep an eye on things, but overall the city was amazing.

"Sensei!" Zumo said tugging Ko's hand, "can we try that place for lunch?!" he asked practically drooling as he pointed at a sushi bar.

Ko sighed, "I'm not that rich Zumo."

"Come on! It can't be more than a hundred ryo a plate!" Zumo begged.

Ko sighed, "you don't understand Zumo, you see in the capital, everything is expensive. A single plate there costs around two thousand ryo."

"WHAT?!" Zumo cried out, "that's expensive!"

Ko nodded, "yes, the capital is expensive, very expensive to live in. In fact, the higher you go, the more expensive everything gets. It's just the way it is around here."

Zumo cried, "no! My sushi!"

I chuckled, "come on Zumo, let's go. Maybe the nobel you're going to work for will have something for you to eat."

Begrudgingly Zumo nodded as we made out way up the road. Ko knew where we had to go, so he took the lead, taking us down a long winding road until we finally stopped before a giant set of gates, easily ten feet tall and a gaurd posted at the front armed with a naginata.

Ko gave him the mission scroll and was immediately allowed in. The inside was a japanese style building which was speard wide over. It had four different wings, North, South, East and West with the middle one over six stories tall.

I saw servants moving around from wing to wing, a koi pond near the back and a zen garden besides us as we walked along the stone lined path.

We were quickly greeted by a servant dressed in black armour, who looked very pissed at us. He had a cross shaped scar on his forehead with black hair greying at the temples and a thick beard around his mouth.

Gowa Haridischti, Guardsman

Lv- 25

REP- -10