OH SH!T

It started low and slow. But quickly picked up speed. This started another avalanche on the other side; there are two of them coming for Martin in the middle.

Martin gunned the sled as soon as he felt it start. If you get buried, it takes hours for search and rescue to make it this far. He was trying the slow and methodical method, but not anymore. The speedo showed 90; but, as usual, the track was slipping too much for that.

"Damn you track"

"Braaap" (for those of you that are confused, thats the sled)

"Fuck you avalanche"

"Braaap"

"Not much for conversation"

He makes it out just barely ahead of the avalanche's lead wave. But even so, he was glad Polaris supplied him with the GPS chip.

Martin continued on until he hit a small frozen lake. Lakes mean smooth, smooth means no obstacles, no obstacles means full-throttle. He went. The rest of the pack was behind him at least a mile, having to drive over the avalanche will slow them down even more.

The engine whined as it redlined at 9000 rpm, the suspension worked flawlessly as it soaked up the small bumps, the exhaust note had that perfect melody...Then it started to smoke.

He remembered Mike telling him to watch the oil consumption. He slowed to a stop and killed the engine. He pulled a quart of oil out of the back pocket and started dumping it in. Just as the bottle was halfway through, Team Arctic Cat blew by him. The oil was done draining and he decided he didn't have enough time to let it dribble. Martin threw the bottle back in the compartment and pulled the cord, hoping it had cooled enough.

Luckily the engine started second pull and he gunned it. Soon his powerful 600 began to catch up to the heavier Arctic Cat. Slowly but surely he passed him and at the shore waiting on them was the midway checkpoint. They would rest for the day and Leave the next morning in the order they arrived.

———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

A/N, ok guys, i know it sucks but bare with me. they'll get better...i hope. im not really sure where to take this story, but maybe when i figure it out it'll seem less random.

Later

-coop