pizza

***MARTINS POV

The next morning, we left in the order we arrived. I left two minutes ahead of Team Arctic Cat, who left one minute before Team Ski Doo. I get out onto the glacier on my way to Deadhorse.

I checked the oil last night after I arrived. Thankfully, the engine didn't lose any compression. The plugs were still good. I tweaked the carbs to run it a little rich to make sure it got plenty of oil.

Mike texted me last night asking me what all I wanted him to change, I told him:

Place an order for a Camoplast Ripsaw 1.25 track with studs

A few minutes later,

Ok, anything else?

me,

A set of V Force reeds, twist throttle, and the new EZ Steer skis.

***NATALIAS POV

I anxiously watched the monitor in the back of the trailer as the riders left the checkpoint. The second half is filmed by chopper so I have the DVR set to record so the guys can see what needs improved. Martin left first and set a good pace around 50 mph. The announcer talked about how he handled the avalanche yesterday.

That thing had me scared to death. I was worried he got buried or would have to help dig people out. I don't know what I would do without him. He is the only person I have really, My parents died when I was younger and my foster home was right across the street. I'm 24 now but I have come to rely on him. All of this I thought as he booked across the glacier, being filmed by the helicopter.

Mike came in a few minutes later to check on Marty's progress. The rest of the guys came in a few minutes after him and made themselves comfortable on the couch. Somewhere in the rukus of 6 men piling into one room, a styrofoam plate with two pieces of reheated pizza was placed on my lap.

***MIKES POV

I came in before everyone else and grabbed some pizza from last night and reheated it for Natta. She is the only girl I could ever stand as part of the team. She kept to herself and didn't expect to be waited on. She actually did the cooking when we don't eat out. I grabbed my laptop and handed the pizza to her just as everyone else filed into the room. I got on Camoplast's website and found the pre-studded ripsaws. 1.25. Ordered. I found some reeds that fit what we needed and got those too. I went ahead and bought some lighter pistons since we would have the engine apart anyway. I found a twist throttle on ebay designed for a honda dirtbike. Oh well, i thought, It'll have to work.

As I finished up, I looked over at Natta who was distractedly staring at the tv while eating her pizza.

——————————————————————————————————————————

Ok guys, a little longer this time! i feel like my writings been getting better! also, HUGE thanks to @natalulu32 for convincing me to get off my butt and write, so i dedicate this chapter to her!