finish line

Natalias POV

Martin crossed the finish line just after Team Ski Doo, who passed him a few miles before. I ran up and hugged him as soon as he stopped. "I love you," I whispered.

"I love you too babe," he answered quietly.

"You did great"

"I suppose it wasn't bad for my first time," he said shrugging.

"Oi Marty!" Mike yelled as he walked up to us. The Big man wrapped an arm around both of us as he led us to the camper. As we walked in, one of the guys parked the snowmobile in the shop half of the trailer. "I got those parts you wanted," he said much quieter this time, "plus some lighter aluminum pistons."

"Cool, thanks. Those should give me a few more RPMs."

"Were you thinking of me?" I asked suddenly.

"Of course I was, why wouldn't I?"

"I don't know, I just wondered," I said before he kissed me quickly.

"Umm...if you guys will excuse me, I'm going to go puke. We'll rear down the motor tomorrow Marty. Goodnight guys," he said winking.

Martins POV

"Lets go get some sleep," I said, "I am completely beat from two straight days of riding."

"Sounds good to me. I got tired just watching you," she said, almost sounding disappointed.

"What? You were hoping for a longer night?" I asked smirking. I caught her; she thinks I don't notice the little things. The small sighs, the quick smiles, even the way she glares at me when she's angry.

"Well maybe..." she said sounding hopeful.

"I suppose I still have a little energy left."