Chapter 1 | Reunited Besties

Kim Na Bi's POV

Year 2021

**dringg..dringgg**

Ugh! Was this alarm clock always this loud? I reached my hand out to the clock and pushed the button to stop it.

Finally, it stopped. Ahh, my head. I'm in peace. But I feel so sleepy. It's 7:00 AM. I'll just close my eyes for a couple of min-

"Kim Na Bi! Get down here in 5 minutes before I eat up all the seaweed stew by myself." said my Pa. Oh! Wait! What? Seaweed stew?! Is it Friday already?

As soon as my mind registered the day today and that Pa had cooked seaweed stew I jumped right out of the bed and dashed down the stairs to the dining hall and sat on one of the 12 chairs of the dining table right next to where my dad was already seated and started eating.

Today is friday, and it's kind of like a tradition to cook seaweed stew in my house. My late mother, who I, unfortunately lost 8 years ago, to brain tumor, liked seaweed stew a lot and used to cook it for us every Friday. My Mother, I love her and I miss her exceptionally on Fridays.

Now Pa cooks this for us or more like me, 'cause I barely see my younger brother, Nam Hyuk, so early in the morning. He must be sleeping looking all ugly with a drool coming out of his mouth.. Ughh! Yuck!

I snapped out of my thoughts when my dad said: "You filthy child, you really need to learn some manners. You should've washed up before eating! When will this unpleasant habit of yours change?"

"C'mon Pa, let me have this peacefully! It's so delicious!" I said.

"Yeah, yeah. I'll let you go this once, but change this habit. You're a woman, you should be elegan-"

I cut him "Pa c'mon! Not you, too.."

"Why not, Young Miss. Mr. Kim is right." said our housekeeper, Mrs. Ahn.

She is more like a mother to me. After I lost my mother she treated me and Nam Hyuk more like her own child.

"You both oldies, always do this to me" I said while taking a huge gulp of the last bit of the soup.

I instantly got up and headed towards my younger brother's room to wake him up or shall I say to annoy him? Oh yes, I am that annoying sibling.

"Hello, my little pie! It's time for you to get up and go to school!" I shouted as soon as I entered his room and opened the curtains.

"Ahh leave me alone close the cur-"

"Mrs. Ahn he says he wants me to leave him alone. What shou-"

"I'm up, chill man." He said and jumped out of the bed and rushed towards the bathroom.

He sure is scared of Mrs. Ahn. She practically raised him up.

Now that he's up, I headed towards my room. Okie dokie! Now it's time to wash up. I opened the windows first and glanced outside.

What a wonderful sunny day. The sun shined brightly as the wind blew into the room. It freshened me up.

I went to the bathroom attached with my room. I can proudly say that my bathroom is spacious then my bedroom.