Chapter 1

-SERENITY-
I huddled further into my jacket as the cold wind blew rain on me. I look around the dark cobbled streets and lonely benches. Everything seemed still,calm,quiet. I narrow my eyes, I still couldn't shake this feeling that I'm getting. It wasn't a good feeling, not at all. It felt like something was going to happen something big and even scary. God! Why can't I shake this feeling. It's really starting to annoy me. With a frustrated sigh I turned to go home, my golden-red hair blowing around me from the wind. I really didn't want to go home. Even thinking about it made me sad and scared. All of the yelling,fighting,all of the hate. I can't stand it. Why did I have to go through this,why can't I be normal and not a freak? STOP! Don't go into it,it does you know good,I reminded my self for the billionth time. I round the corner and see my street. The street lights are mostly broken bending and hanging down. The asphalt, if you could even call it that was broken and cracked every where, potholes placed in certain places. It was almost as if they wanted no escape off the street,no way to run away. I carefully go around them so I don't fall in the dark. I soon see my building up head. It really wasn't anything, just a falling apart building with graffiti all over. I start climbing up the rickety stairs. I climbed slowly hearing the creaking of the stairs under me as I descend. I look up and see my house, grand ole apartment 23. I breathe a tiny relieved sigh. The lights were not on so they are in bed. My so called 'family'. I couldn't help but roll my eyes at the thought of us actually being a caring family,or even a family at all. I ever so slowly push open our door. The familiar creak with sounded through the torn up house. I winced and sat there for a second making sure I didn't wake them up. A few minuets later I creep in our house and towards my room. I walk in and take a look at my hell for the past 18 years of my life. The walls were painted a dull grey,and there was an old worn mattress on the ground in a corner. I hear a dripping coming from another corner and head out to get a bowl for the leak in my roof. When I walk in I put it under the crack and go over to my bed. I grab the thin scratchy sheet and pull it over me. The next morning I woke up at 4 in the morning, and then I walked into our dingy bathroom to wash up. I look into the mirror seeing my vivid green eyes staring back at me. I quickly hop into the broken shower and take a quick shower. Once I'm done I quickly get dressed and get out of the house skipping my breakfast. My stomach grumbled in protest at it. Man I hope I can get a free meal today I haven't eaten in 2 days, I think to myself. I walk into Patty's pancakes and he'd to the stalls to get ready for work.
"Hi darling, why don't you get some thing to eat first then work,ok?" Patty says as she comes up behind the counter in the kitchen.
"Thank You so much Patty," I reply earnestly.
"No problem sweet heart," She replies with a wink in my direction. I smile as I sit down where Rob set me some pancakes. Patty was a very kind generous old women who found out what has happens to me and took me under her wing.
"Hurry up and eat those, I didn't make them so you can stare at them," he stops for a second staring at the pancakes,"They do look perfect don't they," He said with a grin. I nod my head while laughing at his expression. Once I'm finished I walk out and start taking orders from every one. Then the door bell chimed and I felt a very powerful presence behind me. I can't help but turn around and I see him. He was the most handsome man I've ever seen in my life. He had dark back hair, with silver that made his hair look like the night sky. I look down some more taking in every detail as if to memorize every thing about him. When I reach his eyes I felt like the world stopped. I know this is cliche and trust me I hate cliche,wow. I couldn't see anything else but those captivating dominant silver eyes. That I noticed we're getting considerably darker by the second. I wanted to got to him, to touch him, H-E-dibble hockey sticks to be with him forever. WAIT A MINT ICE CREAM SECOND! What am I thinking I say to myself looking down. He wouldn't want me anyway I pit head down lower so maybe he won't see my bruises my father and brothers left on me last night. Why would he even notice me much less want to be with me, a broken freak? For some reason I fought down a sob. What is going on I never cry especially in public. GET YOURSELF TOGETHER YPU WORTHLESS PEICE OF CRAP! I yell inside my head. I stand up straight backed and went back to getting orders. As I was I could feel his eyes on my back burning through it. I turn around thinking my mind and body had to be playing tricks one me. Though when I turned around we made eye contact. I gasped and turned around breaking the...connection? When I did I could have sworn that I heard a growl from behind me. I quickly go into the kitchen to pick up everybody's order and drop them off.
"Hay sweetie I also need you to bring these to that gentleman's table for me," Patty says as she shows up from no where behind me. I squeak in surprise and quickly put in my game face. Cold and heartless, cold and heartless I repeat on my head.
"Here are your orders, is there anything else I can get you?" I ask in a monotone voice.
"Look at me," a deep dark voice commanded.
"Wait, what," I manage to squeak out through my suddenly dry throat.
"LOOK AT ME!" He growls. No seriously growls, like an animal growl growl. I gulp nervously and take a step back keeping my head low to the intimidating man. A firm rough hand grabs my wrist before I can even think about taking another step back. We stand there for what seems like an eternity, before I slowly look up. My eyes creep up and up. Getting close to his eyes, I gulp I don't know what will happen , but I do know that this is the feeling my instinct was telling me about. One thing about me is always trust my instincts. I finally reach his eyes to soon. He looked me dead in the eyes and growled one word, just one that had my fleeing instincts activated.
"MINE"