Devil May Cry Twist Fate - Interlude II - Purgatorio

it was being called a tragedy. The island of Marli was the center of attention and speculation around the world. Other countries were in a state of panic, as the two cities on the island had been found completely abandoned. The survivors who had escaped told of the company Uruboros rounding up people, in what could only be described as a genocide. Whispers came out of cover ups and monsters, but slowly the rest of the world moved on.

Trish and Lucia knew Vergil was trapped in the demon world, but had no idea where Lady had disappeared to. It was left to the two of them to protect humanity from demons that stalked the night.

Credo had vanished from the Guardians hideout, having stolen the Arcana and returned to Fortuna before they had returned. Leaving little left for the clan to protect besides their history. The lesser artifacts were packed up and moved to safe locations, Matier taking many books and scrolls with her. The old Marli had faded away, leaving the fate of the island to new hands.

Capital City

The city was at rest, the bars were closing down and only a stray car passing by here or there. In a small building, a small red-faced man was running at full speed. He went upstairs, throwing open the door and stumbling in.

"Is this really necessary?" Sid cried falling over a set of boxes. "I didn't harm anybody!"

Sid's thin oily hair and scarred face made him look like a beaten hound. He was currently shaking and curling into a ball, frightened of his pursuer.

"Let's see," Trish called pursing her lips. She had a large handgun aimed for his head. "You are collecting artifacts to resurrect some ancient demon king. Blah blah ultimate power."

Trish had changed her hair to a neon blue, a matching jacket with custom white lightning bolts stitched in. This contrasted Sid, who wore a worn-out white button up and pants held up by straps.

He whimpered trying to escape, but Trish's boots stamped closer. He crashed into the wall, underneath a window and turned to stare at her. The little demons face changed into a smile as under her, a magic circle began to glow.

"Ultimate power? YES! Everyone looks down on Sid, everyone thinks I am weak. Using your body, I'll be one step closer to gaining the powers of the demon king Abigail!" Sid raised his hands up celebrating his victory.

"What kind of name is Abigail? Like it's a guy, right? Agrosax, Lucifer, Beelzebub, but watch out for the great demon Abigail," Trish mocked stretching out.

"Silence and prepare to die she-demon," Sid cursed pulling out a small revolver.

The glass shattered behind him, a slender figure rolling onto the floor and beheading the demon with a cut from two separate blades. Red hair flowing behind her, Lucia flung the blood off her weapons.

Sid's head rolled onto the floor and with his last bit of strength whispered "Abigail..."

As the magic circle faded, Lucia turned to Trish a less than serious smile on her face.

"What kind of name is Abigail for a demon?" She asked to Trish, who burst out laughing.

"That's what I said!"

The Fire Circle of Hell

The flames of Hades burned eternally, but as you move away from the molten spires and lakes of bubbling lava, it became an endless ashen wasteland. The only thing that broke it up was dark withered trees and small broken huts of crude make.