Chapter Two: The Invisible Man

Charlotte and Eddie sat in silence

Neither of them knew how to comprehend what they had just witnessed.

"What the fuck do we do now?" Charlotte mumbled not taking her eyes off the road.

Eddie was usually able to talk without hesitation, but he was rendered speechless for the first time in forever.

"Eddie please say something."

Tears spilled from the girl's eyes as her mind ran a mile per minute.

"I have a place we can stay tonight and then we can try to figure something out in the morning." He numbly replied.

Charlotte just nodded still too shocked to say much.

Eddie had taken them to his friend Rick's house in hopes of being able to lay low.

Eddie led her through the dark house and back into a boathouse the place they could temporarily call home.

"I know this is far from ideal but we are far enough from town that we should be ok for now." Eddie whispered.

The two teens wrapped themselves up in a blue tarp and laid down in a boat.

"Eddie, I know we don't know each other well but I promise we will get through this together."

They held each other close in the boat and even though Eddie didn't reply Charlotte knew deep down that they would figure things out.

Night slowly turned into day and Charlotte was abruptly awoken by Eddie lunging from the boat.

Eddie had pushed Steve Harrington up against the wall a broken bottle being pointed at his neck.

"What do you guys want?" Eddie hissed.

Steve was trying to push Eddie off of him but because of the sharp glass pointed directly at his jugular Steve was starting to panic.

"Eddie come on don't do anything irrational." Charlotte advised.

Despite protest from Charlotte and the group of strangers Eddie stayed adamant and held the glass even closer to Steve.

It wasn't until a curly-haired boy stepped next to Eddie that he finally backed down.

Charlotte eyed the group trying to take note of who was there.

"Why are you guys here?" She asked defensively.

The group of four stared at the teens in front of them.

They took in their appearance and noticed how exhausted the two looked.

"We just want to talk."

Charlotte was pretty level-headed but she was beginning to feel closed in on.

And in return, she was going to protect herself and Eddie.

"Talk about what?" She snapped.

"What happened last night."