chapter two

"Mommy!" Kaiser said as he crawled on the bed, he wasn't old enough to understand she was acting different.

"Yes Kaiser?" Aaliyah asked, turning to him.

"Muffin." Kaiser held out the sausage McMuffin from McDonalds and placed it gently on her tummy.

"Thanks." Aaliyah gave him a small smile.

Vinnie held in his anger, he had been since earlier in the morning. If he decided to say anything he was going to wait until they got home from the hospital.

"Daddy, I really wanna hold her." Bear said quietly.

"Maybe when we get home." Vinnie said, kissing his daughters forehead.

It got quiet after that, dead silent in the room. Not even Kaiser was saying anything, and that was unusual. He was sitting by Vinnie's feet moving a tiny toy truck on his daddy's leg. Vinnie could tell his son's mood had been dampened at the tension between the two adults.

It remained quiet until the nurse came in and discharged Aaliyah. Vinnie left halfway through, carrying the bags and Kaiser down the stairs with Bear holding his pinky since his hands were full and that was all she was able to hold.

"Home?" Kaiser asked softly as Vinnie put him in his seat.

"Yes baby, we're gonna go home. Maybe you and me can play trucks, how does that sound?" Vinnie asked.

"Yeah! Yeah! Me and daddy pway twucks." Kaiser said, giving his daddy a kiss.

Once Vinnie was done he drove up to the discharge doors where he found a nurse, his girlfriend, and babygirl already waiting. He got out to help, but when he tried to take the carrier from Aaliyah she turned so he couldn't.

He furrowed his eyebrows together. Her sudden attitude change had him concerned. He had been chalking it up too it just being her being protective of her first baby, but when she wouldn't even let him hold his daughters carrier to put it in the car, he knew it was more than that.

Sighing, he let Aaliyah try and figure out how to put a newborn carrier in the seat but after 5 minutes she got frustrated and ultimately gave up.

"Do you need some help?" Vinnie asked lovingly, he didn't want her to stress herself out too bad seeing as she had just had a baby and was tired and in pain.

"The nurse can do it." Aaliyah motioned to the nurse, who was standing there with an awkward look on her face.

"I've actually got to get back to work. But I hope you guys get it figured out." The nurse smiled, softly before hurriedly rushing back inside.

"I guess I'll figure it out." Aaliyah sighed, beginning to attempt it again.

Vinnie rolled his eyes, getting in the car. After another 5 minutes he was tired of waiting. Getting out of the car, he gently moved Aaliyah out of his way. He had the car seat installed properly within a minute and a half.

"I could've got it." Aaliyah grumbled as they got in the car.

"It took you ten minutes and you didn't figure it out. It took me a minute and a half, if you would've just let me do it we would've of been gone by now." Vinnie answered, pulling out of the hospital parking lot. Anyone could tell that he was aggravated.

"What the fuck is your problem?" Aaliyah asked, turning her head to look at him.

"Your attitude and rudeness to MY children is my problem. I understand that you just had our daughter-" Vinnie answered.

"My daughter." Aaliyah interrupted.

"Excuse me?" Vinnie asked, pulling over on the side of the road before this escalated.

"You have two kids of your own, it isn't fair for you to take Janelle too." Aaliyah rose her voice.

"I am not taking Janelle. We are both her parents Aaliyah." Vinnie said.

"She doesn't need you." Aaliyah yelled.

The loud volume and arguing caused Bear to sink down in her seat, clutching her hands over her ears. Vinnie took note of her state and immediately tried to calm the situation down.

"She needs both of her parents Aaliyah. Please stop yelling, Bear is getting freaked out." Vinnie said.

"She doesn't fucking need you Vinnie! She needs her mother!" Aaliyah yelled again, completely disregarding the statement about Bear.

"Stop yelling. We can talk about this at home." Vinnie spoke calmly.

"No we can talk about it right now." Aaliyah said, her voice still loud enough to cause Bear to go into a panic.

Vinnie got out of the car, walking around to the passengers side door and opening it. He leaned in, mere inches from Aaliyah's face with the angriest look she'd ever seen on his face.

"I said to stop fucking yelling. My daughter is having a panic attack. We will talk about this at home. Got it?" Vinnie asked, his voice still calm and collected. He had no intentions of harming her, he would never do that.

"Got it." Aaliyah mumbled.

Vinnie closed the door, opening the back door and crawling into the back seat with Bear. He took her out of her booster seat and pulled her in his lap.

"What do you want me to make for dinner tonight? Or do you wanna order out?" Vinnie asked softly, taking her mind off of her spiraling emotions.

"Ch-Chinese. Want almond chicken and rice." Bear whispered into his neck.

"Alright, whatever you want baby." Vinnie said. He held her awhile longer, talking about what she wanted to do when she got home, before he got back into the drivers seat and drove them home.