chapter seventeen

"Vinnie! You need to get up son, you're going to be late!" Maria shook him.

"Late? Huh? What are you talking about?" Vinnie sat up, looking around in total confusion.

"School? Vincent, get up now!" Maria said.

"Where is Bear? Kaiser? Nelly?" Vinnie asked.

"Why are you talking about son?" Maria looked at him in worriedly.

"My kids! Mom? What's happening to me?" Vinnie asked.

"Bear is downstairs. Who is Kaiser and Nelly? Baby are you okay?" Maria felt his head.

"No, mom! Kaiser is my son, where is he?" Vinnie asked, standing up and frantically running down the stairs.

He was met with his dad holding Bear. But not the Bear he was expecting, he was holding newborn Bear.

"What's happening?" Vinnie asked, suddenly becoming dizzy.

Next thing he knew he was passed out on the flo-

"Vinnie! Baby, wake up! My water broke. We have to go." Aaliyah said, shaking him from his sleep.

He sat up, eyes wide and in a cold sweat.

"Are we having a girl?" Was the first thing he asked.

"Baby what? Yes. Come on! We seriously have to go. Your mom and dad are here with the kids." Aaliyah said.

"No, my mom and dad hate me." Vinnie answered.

"You're not making any sense. Please! Get up." Aaliyah said, throwing him clothes to put on.

——

Vinnie stared down in awe at his daughter, who Aaliyah insisted they name Mallory Rose. He had completely forgotten about his dream.

"Daddy, may I hold the baby?" Bear asked.

"Ask Aaliyah." Vinnie said.

"Can I hold the baby?" Bear asked, practically begging with her eyes.

"Of course you can! Just sit in between me and daddy and be super careful okay?" Aaliyah said.

Bear sat in between them with her legs straight. Aaliyah laid Mallory in Bear's arms gently, smiling at the sight of Bear so happy to hold her baby sister.

"Remember to support her head B, just like you did with bubba when he was born." Vinnie said, moving one of her hands to support Mallory's head.

"Do you love her?" Aaliyah asked.

"Yes, she's so pretty. I'm gonna teach her how to play dolls when she's a little older." Bear said, smiling up at her daddy.

——

"Baby, could you show me how to do the car seat? I don't know how." Aaliyah asked.

"Of course." Vinnie said, showing her how to properly buckle it in and make sure it was secured and safe.

"Thank you." Aaliyah said, hugging him tightly.

——

"Go get some rest, okay? The kids are sleeping and Mallory will be right beside you in her bassinet, okay? I'll come up in just a little while." Vinnie said.

Aaliyah nodded, taking Mallory upstairs so they could take a nap. Vinnie picked up the house and started laundry before walking up the stairs to be with his family.

He couldn't have asked for a better life. Nothing was better than this.

THE END