Chapter 2 - A Cold Night

Mamoru POV

Rocking Naruto in my arms, I smile softly, humming a soft lullaby. Watching him sleep peacefully, I lay him down in his crib. Leaving him in the safety of his room, I head out, walking through the quiet hall. Checking on everyone on the way out.

Stepping out of my home, I smile softly at someone who I consider a brother. His shades glimmer under the moonlight as his white scarf sways in the wind."

"It's been too long, Killer B."

He smiles at me, " Yo yo yo ma sista!"

Bumping fist, I pull him into a tight hug, "Ready for our walk?"

Walking down the path, under the night sky, he speaks up, "I see you got another."

"Yes. I held back this time! They should be able to salvage the remains of ash I left with them. They'll rebuild and hopefully become stronger."

He hums softly, allowing me to continue, "And how's the village treating you?"

Silence rings between us; I sigh, "I see, and the Hokage?"

Kill B smiles, "Like a brotha from another motha."

I smile as well, "That's good, the village will warm up to you in time, but you're always welcome here if you need a break."

He nods his head, "Thank you."

Our walk was long, and by the time we returned home, both of us were drained. Showing Killer B our guest room, I head to bed myself.

------------------------------------

Morning came slowly; I awakened before sunrise and got ready for the day. As the silent morning moves on, I take a quick shower. Changing into my dark red kimono, I step out and head for the kitchen. 

Starting the rice up, I cut the fish, spreading various seasonings then plop it in the oven. Placing six eggs into the boiled water, I mix the next batch quickly. Seasoning the eggs, I pour them into the pan slowly. Stirring it with my chopsticks, I let it rest a bit before folding it to make tamagoyaki, whipping up a few batches, and placing it on a tray. 

Heating up the miso soup, I let it cook while I chop up the veggies for the kids. Turning off the eggs, I let them run under cold water, peel them one by one, I chop them in half, and decorate them on a plate.

Starting up a bottle for Naruto, I leave the kitchen; knocking on the doors, I start to wake everyone up. 

"Good Morning, it's breakfast time!"

The doors begin to open; everyone begins to flood out of their rooms. And outside to the bathhouses.  Feeling little arms wrap around my leg, I smile softly, placing a kiss on Fu's head.

"Good Morning, little one~."

She smiles at me softly, "Big Sista."

I giggle, letting Yugito pick her up swiftly, placing a kiss on the blond's forehead, I give her a loving smile, "Thank you." She nods, taking Fu away to freshen up in the bathroom with her. Heading back to the kitchen, I quickly stir the miso before lowering the heat to let it rest. 

Stepping into Naruto's room, I walk over to his crib. Smiling softly, I met his bright blue eyes. He squirms, giving me a bright smile picking him up and placing a kiss on his forehead.

"You look just like your father, his blond hair and blue eyes, but you have your mother's round face."

Changing him, I get him into some fresh clothes, letting him rest in my arms; I slip out pictures from his bedside. Showing it to him, "These are your parents, Minato Namikaze and Kushina Uzumaki; they loved you dearly."

Staring at the picture, he smiles, giggling a bit; putting the picture down, I remind myself to buy him a picture frame. Holding him close to my chest, I wrap a long scarf around my body. Keeping him in place, I smile before heading back to the kitchen. 

Taking the fish out of the oven, I plate it and place it on the table along with the other food. Taking Naruto's bottle, I make the little one's plate and set it on the table as everyone floods in. I take my seat and see a plate get placed in front of me; I look up at B and smile.

"Thank you."

Positioning Naruto, I feed him from the bottle, holding it gently, and he relaxes in my arm. I smile a bit at the sound of light chatter, looking at everyone as they sit. They Ppacing their hands together; they speak in sync, "Thank you for the food!"

Digging in, the rowdy bunch enjoy there breakfest, I take a couple of bites myself. Finishing his bottle, I place a cloth on my shoulder, patting his back gently. I wait until he burps before wrapping him around my body gently. 

He yawns, closing his eyes slowly. Taking a breath, I eat, allowing the sound of everyone's voices put me in a place of ease.

No POV

A year goes by, and raising Naruto was going smoothly; the town adored him, and his genius was showing. Being nurtured by everyone left him loved and made him stronger.

The Village Hidden In The Sand began to prepare for the next generation of the 1-Tailed Jinchuriki. 

As the due date came closer, Killer B stopped by for another visit; despite his support of Mamoru, he still had hope for the many villages she destroyed. So he beckoned her to wait and pleaded with her to allow the child to be birthed and observed before causing another village to fall.

She was reluctant but agreed anyway, she watched Gaara, and in the years of raising him, she fumed at the abuse and neglect he faced. 

The night Killer B returned for an update on the little boy; she left him a note, an angered one.

Stepping into Gaara's room, she stands over the boy as he tries to fight through the nightmares. Raising his shirt, she applies her seal, meeting the 1-Tailed beast; he releases large waves of bloodlust.

Not in the least bit scared, she frowns, "I'm not in the mood for pleasantry; we'll discuss your new home later."

Creating a sandy paradise, she silences him from Gaara's mind. Returning to the boy who sleeps peacefully for the first time in a long time. Scooping him in her arms, she takes the sky, looking down at them; her own blood lust shakes the village in its wake. 

"Earth Style: Earthly Demise!"

The ground shakes, cracking open, and screams of terror raise from below. Before the Sand Ninja could attack her she whispers under the chaos. "Wind Style: Tornado Stampede." 

Tornados infect the sand village, destroying everything in their path. Watching the village crumble in the sand, she speaks to the village below, "May you never hurt another."

Vanishing, she returns home, seeing B waiting for her at the front of her home. The anger edged her face and told him everything. 

"That was the worst decision of my life; the scars on Gaara are deep and will take years to heal."

He opens his mouth only for her to hold out her hand, "That was the last village and the last time, so stop bringing your heroic bullshit." 

Walking past him, I open the door, "And hurry up inside! It's a cold night."