Phagophobia

What are you doing little bat?

"Twinkle twinkle little bat, how I wonder where you're at, up above the city so high, like a tea tray in the sky,".

Scarecrow grumbles. He tries to avoid working with The Mad Hatter if he can help it. But for this plan to work he needed Jervis Tetch. You're just going to have to put up with him for the time being his unwanted other whispers to him from the corner of his mind that Scarecrows' placed him.

"Scary Crowy, how's it going? Can I expect results soon from all your tolling, toiling, toying?" Jervis sings.

  Scarecrow nods. "Very soon. Just keep an eye on those monitors and watch for that Bat."

"If he dares show a single ear, cry a single tear, you and I will show him the meaning of fear,"

Scarecrow and Jonathan groan. I'm so close to strangling him. Be my guest. I'll even help. Why him? Even Edward would have been easier to work with. We need him. Until we don't anymore. Exactly.

"Be quiet! Or you're going to find yourself on the wrong end of my fear toxin!" Scarecrow screams. Well, that was unnecessary. Bullshit. It was completely necessary. "No need to be rude, Scary Crow, I didn't mean to start a row," The Hatter rhymes "But, and this you should know, the Batman is below,"

"Keep him busy. I'm not ready for him yet." Scarecrow says into the microphone built into his mask. "Richardson, what's your status? If he gets past Hatter then it's up to you to keep him away from intensive therapy."

  "Roger that, King of Fear. I'll lead him through hydrotherapy, away from you. And don't use my last name as my handle. Call me Fear Cat," Scarecrow grinds his teeth. "Sure. Whatever you say, Fear Cat. Over and out." Could have been worse. How?

Scarecrow, crouched down in the tight air duct under the floor, scratches his neck with his ungloved hand. "I'm on my way to IT now. ICP, what's your location?" Really? You're dubbing Harley and Joker ICP? Shhhh. Besides, can you think of anything better? "Hiya, Crowy, me and Mistah J are in the west wing. We got this area covered!" You never said they were going to be involved in this plan! They're the bait.

  "I spy, I spy a little bat. I'll tell you where he's at. Up and down the west wing hall. Better tell them, tell them all," Jervis chirrups suddenly."ICP, DK is heading your direction. Keep him distracted as long as possible," Scarecrow says, slowly inching his way to IT. The duct is a lot tighter than he initially thought.

  "Reading you loud and clear, Crow." Joker's voice barks through his ear. "HQ and myself are in position," Just a few more inches. It should be just up there, around the next corner Scarecrow's other pipes up. "Just reaching IT now, ICP. What's the word on DK?"

"HQ has it handled, SC. You're good to go!"

Scarecrow kicks open the vent into IT and hops down into the shadowy, dim room. "Time to bring fear back to Gotham,"