Chapter 15

"Remember that one arc in A Witch's Last Tour where Miss Mogu knew everything for three days?"

"Uh-huh...?"

"Well, the one who cursed that brought upon him stated that she will know everything, and he meant everything. That meant in his terms, good and bad magic—almost like white and black magic. Miss Mogu can enjoy all sorts to the point that the limit to everything is her imagination. The twist is that she also gets to know the bad side of everything, so it's no ordinary golden teapot tale of three wishes. It meant that Miss Mogu would also go through the bad in it with the good."

"So you're saying this is like the good and evil dichotomy?"

"Absolutely."

I spent the morning of Monday, March twenty-eighth, flashbacking one of the last conversations I had with Miko.

The conversation we last had before her birthday goes all the way back to March fourteenth because I lied, that afternoon where I almost got lost around Ruruteru after dropping Ala-chan to where her house is and ended up in the library around City Square, unsurprisingly I did meet ways with Miko. Yeah I know, very anticlimactic.

While I checked on the library's counter to see if the latest volume of A Witch's Last Tour had arrived, Miko surprised me on my back with a peek-a-boo!

"Guacamoles on steroids! Don't give me a heart attack or you'll spend the rest of your life paying my hospital bills!"

As such, presented her signature chuckle and greeted, "Why hello there, Akko!"

Sadly enough, that was the last time Miko greeted me with such an innocent and pure-hearted soul and flair—before her birthday. Her greetings seem to start a trend of series where it has a different twist every time we meet.

After my business in front of the library's counter, Miko invited me for an afternoon snack treat. I agreed on the notion and followed her. Confused at first as to why Miko led the way towards the back of the library, little did I know the City Square library had a cute corner for snacks and such like an eatery. I was surprised because in any of the libraries that I have encountered in my life, they never, ever allow food and drinks, and yet this library just screamed a middle finger at the libraries that restrict edibles by placing a food corner—or food court?

Nothing fancy, Miko treated ourselves to a sandwich treat—and she paid for it which means my savings will go up by little to no more than a footnote in history! And that's where we started conversing heavily, continuing with the fragment of our conversation we had earlier.

"Hm. . . . I don't quite get it."

She put a finger to her temple, "Well, can you recall the other arc where Mogu almost broke down and all of her magic turned into black magic because she was severely distressed?"

"Yeah, what about it?"

"'More or less the same thing as Mogu possessing everything that's bad as much as her possessing everything that's good. Life just has a limit of how much you possess. Basically, Miss Mogu knowing everything is like blurring the line in that good and evil theory you mentioned, it's like trying to confuse oneself if heaven and hell is good and bad respectively."

"Wow Miko, you sure put a lot of deep emphasis and analysis on a light novel that seems to be targeted to young adolescents or something."

"Well, it's not that it's an easy-peasy story if it's targeted for a young or elderly audience—or any story outside of the demographic you're in, every story has an essence and lesson built into it. Even many people are still mystified and often perplexed at The Little Prince. A Witch's Last Tour is a balance of an innocent-looking title and storyline on top of the frosting, and the sheer depth of humanity and familiarity on the cake. It's like thinking to yourself 'Ah, this is a rhythm game, maybe I should turn the speed to 1.0 so it'll be easy as heck,' but in the end, you have a flood of notes which makes it worse."