Chapter 19

The morning of April third.

It was around five or six o'clock when I woke up, I believe. Despite that I've slept very late on that busy bustling night, I still managed to wake up really early.

"Time to get up."

I quickly sat upright on the bed and eventually, stood up. The sun was about to chase the dusk, so I quickly searched for any kind of first aid kit. I regretted not asking that part of the plan because while fighting fire with fire was an eventual outcome, me hurting myself wasn't.

Scouring under the bed, I finally found a first aid kit in a plastic white finish. Inside the kit was sufficient at best. I first patched up my left cheek to cover that horrible bruise. Then I went on to wrap my left arm up to my hand with some bandage. I didn't really have first-aid experience, so looking at the mirror, I looked like a mummy who escaped out of the Pyramid of Giza.

"Huh."

I looked around the room, all the knives that I knew were thrown to the wall were gone.

Not sure if it's me who has a hazy or false memory, but did Tomo clean up the room to clear suspicion?

"Meh," I shrugged. I went back under the bed to look for some plastic wrap.

"There we go, my clothes."

The same old grey hoodie and jeans I had.

From Ala-chan's sleepwear, I hurriedly changed my clothes because I lied. The plan between Ala-chan, Aka, and I wasn't all of that. Ala-chan still reminded me to get out of the house early in the morning since she boldly claimed to her parents that she'll be out early in the morning to catch up with her grandparents by late morning. So yes, I can still mess up the plan despite the heavy part done already (which was last night).

"Looking good." I mumbled to myself while looking back at my mirror with my clothes again... except for that huge white patch on my face and my mummy-like appearance on my left arm.

Anyway, I tidied up the room a bit and went to the hallway. I went in front of the window where I pointed out to Ala-chan that it had a ladder on it.

I poked it.

Slide. A square-like shape bordering the entire window slipped.

"As expected." Tomo did enter and exit here last night. I wouldn't even question it. The point is that I have a stealth exit. I can't just use the front door.

Making use of the window to 'escape' and placing back the square window pane in place. I climbed down the ladder, went for the little alleyway between the tall fences and the walls of the house. I checked for a while to see if there are any people wandering around. None it seems, it's a Sunday anyway. So I casually walked in front and headed my way to my apartment. I took the route on the way to school as opposed to the opposite direction to MinnaMart.

"Man, is this what Ala-chan feels when she's on her way to school?"

Despite the rise of houses in this neighborhood, the morning sure is breezy around these parts.

. . . .

For some reason, I felt a buzz in my pockets. I checked it, then I forgot I had my smartphone. I grabbed it and unlocked it.

There was a message bubble icon on the top-left of the screen.

"I was told this is a notification."

Old-school as I may sound, I headed to the Messaging/Chats application.

"Heh." I chuckled.

I opened the message thread.

It read, "Hey Akkochii! I just arrived at my safe place! I am super-duper okay here! Text me when you're still alive mkay? Until we meet again."