EPISODE 15

E P I S O D E  1 5 [√]p a g e  f i f t e e n  :  B L U E H O O D

p a g e  f i f t e e n  :  B L U E H O O D

haruchiyo watched as takemichi and the two tall boys left the court, heading back inside the house. he silently glanced at the person not too far next to him, the one draken was suppose to pass the ball to.

he dully stared at the shit-eating grin plastered on mikey's face, shoulders shaking from trying to hold his laugh. "fuck ..." mikey cusses as he chuckles darkly, approaching his friends in a victorious walk.

haruchiyo doesn't have to say it or think about; that it was planned out and the boy with the tattooed head intentionally hit the poor blond's head with the ball. it was clear as water and he don't think the boys are even hiding how obvious it was.

only mikey, baji, and draken were huddled up. the rest of the group were spread out and is continuing the game like nothing happened. haruchiyo averts his eyes from the trio and walked towards rindou, who was standing and not knowing if he should follow his brother or not. "uwi na tayo." (let's go home.)

"ha? — oo nga tara na. kunin mo na yung bola." (huh? yeah let's go. go get the ball.) rindou says as he walks towards the sideline, taking his and his brother's belongings.

haruchiyo turned around and saw toman playing like nothing really happened. mitsuya shoots the ball, unfortunately hitting the edge of the ring and the ball bounces back and towards haruchiyo. without second thoughts, he caught the ball with one hand and wordlessly turned around to leave.

"oi!" baji called.

"let's just play again tomorrow — oh right. there's no tomorrow. we have training camp." rindou said. "we'll just see you there."

"then leave the ball. we'll return it to you guys later." kazutora says, leaning against the fence exhaustedly.

"'can't. 's not yours." all eyes were on haruchiyo who spoke, loud enough for everyone to hear. his voice was lazy — as if he had to drag those words out his mouth just so he could say something. "ask takemichi first if you wanna borrow." but then the white haired male proceeds to leave, not even waiting for any response.

"holy shit. that was takemichi's ball? yak." baji winces jokingly. jokingly wiping the palm of his hands on his shirt.

rindou cocked an eyebrow. haruchiyo halted.

mikey waves his hands dismissively. "no thanks, guys." he swiftly turned to chifuyu. "chifuyu, get your ball—"

everyone's attention was once again on haruchiyo after the latter spoke something quite incoherent — which cause for the boys — even rindou — to take one step close. "ha?" baji raised an eyebrow, his grin turning into a frown.

"i asked 'what kind of reaction was that?'." haruchiyo bodily turned towards the group despite him standing outside and behind the fence. rindou hastily shifted on his foot and jogged towards the white haired male, hissing an 'oi!' as though he's trying to tell the boy not to say anything more.

"what reaction?" baji tilted his head dumbly, slightly wide-eyed and his lips now in a pout. his face says it all.

"yung reaksyon mo. ngayon lang. diring diri ka ata masyado." (your reaction. just now. you were too disgusted.) haruchiyo continued, coldly staring at the boy. "halata masyado." (too obvious.)

"oi. uwi na tayo. baka mapa-away pa tayo dito." (aye. let's go home. we might get into a fight here.) rindou whispered, tugging haruchiyo's arm but the latter wouldn't budge.

"what reaction are you talking about?" baji scratched the back of his head, yet again looking like he have no idea what the boy was talking about. mikey then stepped up and whispered something into his ear — then baji yelled, his deep voice booming as he let out an. "AAH!"

baji turned from mikey to haruchiyo, a sarcastic shocked expression glued on his face. "you mean that reaction?? no that was nothing, man. don't mind it."

rindou felt shivers run down his spine, a sweat drop falling down his temple when he saw haruchiyo with his tongue shoved on his inner cheek. despite the tight air between his best friend and the toman, he was wondering what annoyed the boy that much?

when the group was done snickering to each other's ears, they turned to the two boys, wondering why the boy suddenly fell silent.

haruchiyo heaved, chest rising up and softly going down.

"okay." haruchiyo smiled. all teeth. eyes nearly closing into two smiling crescents.

rindou couldn't move a single muscle after seeing what he just saw. but it was like all his senses came back so suddenly that he only found himself following haruchiyo who started walking away, still smiling ever so kindly at the group of boys. "see you guys tomorrow."

as soon as the two were out of sight, rindou covered his mouth with one hand, disbelievingly shaking his head in a dramatic motion. "the fuck was that?"

"the fuck was what?"

"that! you smiled."

"i'm a normal person. of course i smile."

rindou winces, grinning awkwardly. "yeah. never do that again. you creeped the fuck out of me."

S O Y A
ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ ᶜᵒⁿᵗⁱⁿᵘᵉᵈ

'been blessing y'all with long chaps. here's a short one with barely 900 words.