forty-seven

chapter forty-seven[ im going home ]

chapter forty-seven
[ im going home ]

the school day was halfway over and melissa hopper couldn't be happier. she had to sit through five classes with a horrible, horrible headache.

she doesn't know where this headache came from but after her appointment with her consular, it's gotten worse.

it was now lunch and melissa joined up with her friends. she took a seat next to robert. they were all talking about something. probably about eleven.
she wasn't listening though.

mel picked at her lunch, not really wanting to eat it. she missed when hopper would make her lunch. he would always put a little surprise in there for her.

either candy, small little toys, cool things he found on the job.

sighing, she glanced around the cafeteria and spotted will, sitting alone. she furrowed her eyebrows. where's el?

as if it was on cue, the girl walked in and sat next to will, tears rolling down her cheeks. melissa heard laughter and knew exactly what happened.

angela did something.

her hands formed into fists as she stared at the blonde girl, laughing her ass off along with the other three friends.

"angela," melissa spoke, for the first time, all eyes landing on her, "friends. there's something i got to tell you all."

will watched the girl from a distance, smiling once in a while. he missed her. it's been 100 days since she's sat with them at lunch. 100 days since they broke up. 100 days since their last normal conversation that didn't end with fighting.

100 days since life was normal, good, and amazing.

"im going home for break."

"what? you planned to spend the break at my house, mel." robert said, a tiny bit of anger in his eyes.

"i-i know but my friends, back home, they kinda wanted me to spend it with them. i cant break that promise guys."

before robert could say something, angela spoke up, "it's okay, mel." robert looked over at her, "really it is. hope you have fun. we'll miss you." she smiled.

melissa smiled back, "thanks angela and i'll make sure to bring back souvenirs."