3.1

"Whoa, don't even say that! I might be an intel guy, but even I wasn't anticipating something like that! Don't You do it! Don't you dare do it! And that's not a reverse: dare!" Skull shouted, suddenly panicked

I laughed, and after a moment so did he. In the meantime, the ship came to a complete stop. We had arrived. With the delicate job of maneuvering the ship to the shore completed, the crew was suddenly more relaxed.

"Yeah, running into the world nobles would be kind of a mess, but as long as I don't catch the eye of the Navy, I'm nor worried about any-"

"There you are, Fire Fist! We meet again!" said a familiar voice.

Right as Skull was saying, "-one...else..."

Skull's head creaked and turned like a rusty gear toward the sound of the new voice. I glanced over the side of the ship, fearing what I would see there.

"Come out peacefully! This time you're under arrest!" said the bold voice. I didn't need co see her to know it was Isuka. She stood there on the shore, arms crossed, looking up at the ship.

"There she is again..."

"How many times has it been now?"

Her appearance got the crew murmuring amongst themselves. Not out of fear, though-it was more annoyance than anything else.

Ever since we'd entered the Grand Line, the ensign had been constantly badgering our ship. Isuka was obsessed with arresting Ace; each time we shook her off and got away, she'd appear at our next destination to harass us again. Given that we were still sailing safely along, it was obvious that she had not succeeded at her goal. Ace was still a perfectly free man.

"Hey, it's Isuka. Whatcha doin' here? On vacation?'' Ace called out from the deck of the ship. He sounded quite unconcerned.

"Of course I'm not on vacation! I've come here to arrest you, you fool!"

"Oh yeah? Hey, what kind of local specialties do they have here, aside from Graman?"

"You want souvenir recommendations? I bought Grasen rice crackers for my subordinates. They do keep well... Hey, I just said I wasn't on vacation!" Isuka shouted, but I, and probably everyone else present, had the same thought:

She's on vacation...

Definitely on vacation...

She's clearly on a vacation...

For one thing, she wasn't wearing her usual Navy uniform. She was in rather conspicuous casual tourist clothes.

She must have spotted the ship while enjoying some free time. How could we have manage to run into this particular individual in the entire vast stretch of the archipelago? It seemed like fate working its magic...

Simply put, Isuka was a "good guy."

She had a strong sense of justice, and she was dedicated and honest to a fault.