Chapter 1; A Surprising Acquaintance

BEEP, BEEP, BEEP!  My alarm clock beeps. "I'm up," I grunt. I run to my closet. "Red, yellow, red, yellow.. How bout' blue!" I grab my blue shirt and get dressed. I race to the bathroom to brush my hair and put on some regular hygienic things. Afterwards, I run out of my house and to my bus stop. The bus arrives and I get in, not wasting a second. I sit down by my best friend, Jenna. "Hi," I greet her, "Sup." she replies, carelessly. I roll my eyes and hover around with my eyes. I spot a weird, moldy-looking piece of gum under someone's seat. I also see someone on a social media app on their phone. There wasn't really anything else. I suppose maybe it was just another boring day. I got off the bus to hurry over to my classes. Everything was the same as usual, boring. Then I later got to lunch and sat with Jenna and her other friends that were girls. My ex-friend, Xavier, came up to me, "Sitting with the girls again, huh?" He teased. I frown, "Leave us alone." I grunt, looking at him. He was so annoying, it's like I couldn't catch a break. Ever since sophomore year he's been really rude. In our first year here, freshman year, we were practically best friends. We'd always sit at lunch together, and choose each other on our teams of dodgeball. We were always on each other's side. That's until I met this girl I liked, her name was Mary-Anne. She was so sophisticated and beautiful, but my friend liked her as well. Eventually, Mary-Anne and I started dating. Xavier was jealous , of course, and he got mad. He started a rumor that I had cheated on her with some other girl. Mary-Anne of course was upset, and we broke up. She switched schools later on and we've never talked since. I got really mad with him and we weren't friends anymore. Eventually, everyone started to actually believe me, and that the rumor wasn't true. Everyone then knew it was made up, afterwards he was only seen as a bully. I can't blame them though to think that, because I do, too.

"Whatever, you stick with your girls instead of sticking with your friends." He glared at me. Though he knew that we weren't friends anymore, he still wanted me to feel some sense of guilt. Yeah, that won't happen. After school I went to go back on the bus. I sat in the back. I wish I'd be able to sit by Jenna to chat, but she walked home after school. I grabbed my phone out of my backpack and started to look on social media. I sigh out of boredom and out my phone back in my bag. I slightly look up, and there she was. I saw the most beautiful girl I'd have ever seen. She had about medium length brown hair with blonde highlights. Her eyes were a hazel-green, they were so sparkly. Even her clothing choice was immaculate. I couldn't get my eyes off of her. She looked kind of familiar. She was so— "Are you deaf?!" I flinch and look up to see Xavier. "What do you want?" I ask with a sharp tone. He rolls his eyes, "I've been trying to say, move over, this is my seat."  He yelled. Everyone in the bus looked over, except for the one girl. Was she rude, or was she minding her own business? "No, this bus is for the public and I can sit wherever I want." I folded my arms. He rolled his eyes again. He grabbed me by the shirt and also grabbed my backpack. He threw my backpack onto an empty seat and pushed me onto the seat as well. It hurt, it really did. He then sat down onto my seat and started playing his phone. I couldn't believe him, who does he think he is? I signed and looked up at the girl. I mean, at least not everything was bad. I got to my bus stop, and of course it was the last one, but the girl was there, too. Maybe she lived near me because we had the same bus stop. I got off the bus and tapped my foot, but to my surprise she didn't get off. She sat there. The bus driver then closed the door and drove off. It was the last bus stop, where was he taking her? I sighed, "Maybe I shouldn't worry so much, if she's not there tomorrow I'll call the police." I walked into my house. I guess everything wasn't the same. I saw someone new, and usually I wouldn't care, but this was different. It made me feel all suspicious and weird. I didn't like the feeling, it was like a feeling of not knowing what was coming next. Something had changed for sure about me socially, but why was it all for this girl, what was so special about her, and why is this happening now?  That night I laid in my bed, thinking about what just happened. There was a sprinkle of rain, that turned to drizzle, then to rain. I could hear it pounding the ground. I couldn't help but to think, did I do the right thing, just leaving her like that?  The thought pounded in my head, just like the rain did. I tossed and turned, eventually I fell asleep, but at what cost? Saturday morning I woke up, and I hadn't forgotten about it. Even in the shower I thought about it, should I have left her like that, was that really the right thing? I'd be seen as a murderer if she wasn't safe, everyone would know. Then my thoughts took a turn, no, it wouldn't matter if I was seen badly, what matters more is if she's even alive. I sighed and turned off the shower, "Maybe I'm overthinking it." I say aloud. 

I went to the arcade later with my friends, and I tried not to think about it. "Hey