24.1) Side Story 1 - Five of Diamonds [1] ✮

===Tori Jakurin===College StudentSpecialty: ♧

===Tori Jakurin===
College Student
Specialty:

"We've been assigned the Shinagawa Ward, the northern part of it. Scouts have reported a bar venue, so that's where we're headed." She said, eyes focused on the road.

Koyasu Ayuri - Mechanics Council
Locksmith • Electrician
Specialty:

"Yeah..." I commented, looking out the window at the blur of buildings. "So," I turned towards her. "How long have you been at the Beach?"

"Hm, about a month and a half? I was there when it first was created. My locksmithing experience was very valuable to Erina as I had to go in and unlock each door. She's a good woman–I can say that for sure."

"What's it like being in the Mechanics Council? Sorry for all the questions–there's just so much about the Beach and I sometimes feel a bit overwhelmed, haha."

"No worries." She reassured me. "Basically, the Mechanics Council has four main goals that I think of: power, plumbing, repair, and cars. We make sure the generators are up and working, water is flowing, devices that break get fixed, and that we have several cars that function despite them having all malfunctioned upon entering the Borderlands."

"Interesting, sounds like a lot."

"It's not too bad when there's about ten others in your group. Why the curiosity, though? Interested in joining?"

"I'm not sure. I'd like to think myself handy, but really I'm just a college student. I think most likely I'll end up being assigned to the Resource or Maintenance Council."

She nodded, turning into a corner. "Okay, here we are..." The bar came into view; a brick building stretched down the street, large tinted windows exposing the interior. Sleek black lights hung from the ceiling, with tables scattered throughout the building. Once well-trimmed trees now sprawled, their branches creeping and intertwining with the window awnings and lampposts. The bushes spilled into the parking lot.

"From back here, it doesn't look like it's a very large building. Just like your average bar. I think there's a high chance it's Diamonds." I said. Koyasu squinted at the rearview mirror. "What?"

"There's another venue back there. Look."

I turned around, and sure enough, in the far distance, there was the corner of a library.

"A bar, or a library? They originally reported the bar, but there's also a chance that the library could be a Diamonds game. My gut is telling me either one..."

"Why don't we each go into a separate one?" I suggested.

Koyasu sighed, contemplating the choice. "On one hand, I most likely should supervise you. But on the other hand, if either of these happens to contain the Five of Diamonds, and we miss it..." she paused, her fingers tapping the wheel in a perpetual rhythm. "Alright, I'm sure the other executives will understand our gambit. Tori, you can take the bar, and I'll take the library."