Chapter 16

***Jessica’s point of view***

Everything was dark. My wrist was hurting and scratchy. I felt warmth from a hand around mine. I was too tired to move, even the thought of opening my eyes seemed exhausting.

“Jess I can’t tell you how sorry I am. I should never just leave you, when you had just told me you were in love with me. I love you Jess. God I wish you would just wake up” Louis whispered beside me. I used all my energy on trying to squeeze his hand. There wasn’t much power in my squeeze but he felt it. “Jess? Are you awake?” I opened my eyes very slowly, but they got squeezed shut as the light hit me. “Two seconds” The warmth disappeared and something began to make a noise on my other side. The room got darker. “Try now” Louis took my hand again. I opened my hand very slowly again. The room was dim and I blinked a couple of times. “Hey there beautiful” Louis said. I turned my head to face him. His eyes were red and puffy, he smiled. “You found me” My voice was hoarse and it came out as a whisper. “Yes” Louis squeezed my hand. “Have you told my mom?” Louis nodded. “She is on her way, but the planes were filled. Liam is talking to her right now, maybe he knows when she will be here” I tried to nod.

“Is Harry here?” I looked at Louis. He looked a little hurt. “Yes, he’s trying to get in touch with your dad” I shook my head. “I’ve tried that the whole week, I think he has shut his phone off” Louis frowned. “Oh… Okay” I closed my eyes for five seconds and opened them again. “Could you get Harry for me?” Louis looked at the floor and nodded. Then he disappeared. I closed my eyes again, I was so tired.

“Jess?” Harry’s voice asked carefully. I smiled. “You’re awake” Harry took my hand. “Are you okay” I nodded. My eyes still closed. “You got me so worried” Harry said. I opened my eyes and looked at him. His eyes were also red and puffy, I felt bad for making Harry cry. “I’m sorry Harry” He shook his head. “Don’t apologize. You survived, that’s what matters” I felt my eyes burning from tears. “No” I whispered. “What?” Harry asked as a nurse came in. “Hey there Jessica, we need to take some tests on you” I nodded. She looked at Harry. “I have to ask you to leave the room” Harry got up and left.

“My name is Lindsay” She smiled at me and took my hand. “I’m going to give you some new bandages on” I nodded. The pressure around my wrist disappeared as she took of my bandage. “Does it hurt?” She asked me as she looked at my wrist. “I’m very sore and it’s itchy” I said. I stared at the sealing, not wanting to look at the damage I had caused myself. “I’m just going to put some anoint on your wounds. It will hurt but it’s helping on the itching” I nodded. I squeezed my eyes closed and my teeth together, as the anoint touched my skin. “It will pass in a minute” She said and wrapped the bandage around my wrist. It felt like the cuts was being cut up again. A tear rolled down my cheek. The nurse moved to my other side and took my other hand. My eyes squeezed even more shut when she dapped the anoint on my other wrist. “You should be fine now. I’ll be back tomorrow with some new bandage” The room wasn’t silent for long as the boys came in.

“Hey” I whispered. “Hi Jess. Are you okay?” Liam asked and stood close to my head. I nodded. “I’m sorry that it had to be just before your birthday” Liam smiled. “You shouldn’t worry about that. Oh your mom will be here around ten tomorrow” I nodded and lifted my hand for Liam to take it. And so he did. “I’m sorry anyways” Liam gave my hand a squeeze. Liam stepped away as Niall and Zayn came closer. “You really scared us” Zayn said. I started to cry. “I didn’t even know that you guys would care” Niall started to cry. “We love you, all of us Jess” Niall said through his sobs. “I love all of you guys too!” Harry ran out. I looked confused at Louis. “I’ll be back in a second” He said and followed Harry. “Was it me?” I asked. “Of course not, Harry just don’t like to cry in front of people” Zayn said as he wiped a tear away from my cheek. “He drove like a crazy man over here. We had to make him stop so I could drive” Liam said. We all laughed a little. “He really cares about you Jess. Louis too” I nodded. “I know, I care about them as well”