Of The Past ( Edited )

| | ________ | |

| | ________ | |

" You...have a talent in swordsmanship..."

Despite the low volume of his voice, it seemed to be the only thing you heard in the darkness of the forest. The sounds of branches and leaves rustling was then heard, and when you turned around, you were met with a tall figure of a man.

A large straw hat covered the upper half of his face, but you could felt his gaze locked on you. You squinted your eyes to look at him better, but without any light source, you could only saw the outline shape of the man. The way he tilted his head to the side indicate that his gaze turned to the demon behind you, unknowingly standing so still at the sight of him.

He tilted his head back at you. " What... is your name? "

"...(Y/n)... Tsugikuni (Y/n)..." You answered with timid voice.

Your whole body was still shaking from the current situation. One would wonder why a child like you ended up in a forest in the night all alone, but this was all because of a child curiousity. A stupid, child curiousity, that leads you to get lost in the woods. You could already imagined the nagging by the head maid upon your return.

They said there was a beautiful wolf living in the forest nearby the Tsugikuni estate. You and your curiosity of such thing, which then have you stumbling across a demon.
But your big brother -- in the time where women weren't encouraged to learn material arts -- had taught you bits of swordsmanship.

" Never go out without a blade, (Y/n)." He had once advice.

You took his advice, and it saved your life. Before the demon could devour you, your hands whipped out the sword from behind, and you stabbed him. The distraction was enough before you turned to run away, only to meet this man.

" Leave." The man swiped his hand, and instantly, the demon was beheaded.

You gasped in surprise. He moved so quickly and swiftly, you didn't caught his movements. The man noticed your awe and gently patted your head.

" How would... you like to learn swordsmanship... from me, (Y/n)? "

" Can I?! " You chirped in delight.

" Yes...only if you keep...our meeting...a secret..."

You nodded, not knowing the dark, horrifying future that laid for you, for what you had agreed upon. Had you known the man was Kokushibou, aka Mitchikatsu, you would have never nodded in agreement.

| | ________ | |

" Father scolded me again today."

You tilted your head slightly to the side, staring at the little girl in front of you. Over the years, sometimes you took babysitting jobs to blend in. Though, now, you had a job as a tutor for the Nakadai family's youngest daughter, Nakadai Miko.