❤ age regression ❤

+~*~+

what is age regression?

age regression is a coping mechanism used by lots of people to deal with all sorts of things. it involves someone regressing to a younger mindset than their actual body age, and is an effective way of coping with stress, anxiety, trauma, etc. anyone can do it and it's not limited to regressing to being a young child or an infant - there are people who regress to all ages including the teenage years.

age regression is often used to cope with trauma, especially trauma that occurred during childhood. in this instance, someone may have not felt they were able to have a proper childhood due to whatever it was that caused them so much trouble, so they may regress later in life to try and get that feeling of childlike freedom back.

age regressors sometimes have caregivers, though this isn't essential. what's most important is making sure you're safe in your headspace. you can simply have a friend who keeps an eye on you while you're little, without them being your designated caregiver.

littles can have as many caregivers as they want, but it should be discussed with all involved parties beforehand to make sure no one's uncomfortable. being a caregiver can be both physically and emotionally draining, so it's not something you can just do without thought.

but like i said, a caregiver isn't essential. you don't need one to be a little. sure, it can help, but there are plenty of littles who don't have caregivers and are fine without them.

contrary to popular belief, age regression and ageplay aren't the same thing. this is very important. ageplay involves someone pretending to be a child for sexual reasons, whereas age regression involves them actually regressing to a child's mindset. age regression is completely SFW and is in no way linked to ageplay.

each little is different, so there's no exact way to keep them all happy; you have to get to know what they like as an individual and go from there. however, there are some things that most littles like, which i'll talk about in a separate chapter.

+~*~+

key terms:

little - someone who age regresses to a young child's mindset

middle - someone who regresses to a tween/teen/older mindset

caregiver/carry - someone who looks after a little/middle/pet regressor (covered next chapter)

flip - someone who's both a caregiver and a little

babysitter - someone who looks after littles that aren't their own temporarily (like babysitting real children)

+~*~+