PSA: agere validity

just a quick announcement since i know there are some people who definitely need to hear this:

age and pet regression are completely and utterly valid, no matter what shape or form they take. some people follow the conventional norms of regression, but others don't, and that's okay. some people don't like the stigma associated with the regular conventions of regression and thus make their own regression, which is just as valid as those who do follow those conventions.

there are a lot of things you'll find online that claim to 'debunk agere misconceptions' - whatever you do, do not read them, especially if you're not a conventional regressor. you'll likely expect to feel validated, when in reality all it'll do is invalidate you and make you feel as if your regression is 'pretend' or 'strange'. 

if you make your own regression, don't feel like you need to use conventional regression terms just to be understood. no one has to understand your regression except you, that's all that matters.  just because your regression is different, that never means it's 'weird'.  everything about it is yours, no one else's.

if someone doesn't understand your regression, that's on them. it's never your fault. it doesn't matter if someone's regression doesn't fully align with yours and they make comments about it, because it's not theirs to make comments on.

your regression is valid, no matter what shape it takes, and i love you for your regression, whether it's conventional or not.