three.

“The weirdo on Maple Street part two”

♕︎

Erik was regretting his decision. A lot. He was ready to drown someone. Meanwhile, Camila was trying not to pull her hair out of its roots. She was talking to Carol. And she was being a bitch. As usual, and expected. Carol had brought up the subject of the missing Byers boy. They were sitting outside, waiting for Nancy Wheeler and her friend Barbara Holland to get there.

But, in the meantime Carol and Tommy were talking shit about the Byers family. Who's family was worried out of their minds looking for Will. “Jonathan probably killed him.” Tommy said. Camila scoffed, Jonathan loves Will. He would never do that. “Got something to say?” Tommy asked. Erik stopped her from saying anything, not wanting her to hurt them. Not that he cared what happened to them. “Oh, no. Let your girlfriend say something. Let us hear it.” Tommy says. “Dude, shut up.” Steve says, stopping Tommy.

“Why are you defending her Steve? Aren't you going out with Nancy?” Carol asked. “Would both of you shut up, for once in your idiotic lives.” Camila snapped. “Or what? You're gonna ruin our lives?” Carol asked tauntingly. Camila raised an eyebrow. “You think I can't?” Camila asked, getting up and walking closer to Carol. Carol nodded. “I know you can't.” Carol said in a matter of fact tone. “Tengo mas poder en este lugar de lo que crees, bebe.” Camila said in Spanish, tauntingly.

Carol looked at her confused, having no idea what she said. Erik who knows a bit of Spanish from Camila, raised his eyebrow, slightly surprised. Erik and Camila looked at each other. “And you know what? That's exactly what's going to happen.” Camila whispers into Carol's ear. Carol looks at her stunned. Camila walked over to Erik, and pulled him away. Flipping Carol and Tommy off as they walked away.

On their way out, they see Nancy and Barbara. “Good luck with those assholes.” Camila says, as they walk past them. Both girls look at her confused. As they walk away, they hear Barbara telling Nancy that they should leave. Nancy refuses and they knock on the door. Erik unlocks his car. “Are you actually going to say something?” He asks.

Camila shrugs. “Well, I said I would. So, I have to. I haven't decided on what yet. Probably just something about how we caught her cheating on Tommy.” Camila says, getting in the car. “That was two weeks ago, right?” Erik asks, backing out of the driveway. “mhm. I'm guessing nobody has said anything. So, I'll take it into my own hands.” Camila says.

“Everett is gonna kill you, for saying anything.” Erik warns. “She won't find out it's me.” Camila assures. “She better not. Because I am not facing an angry Eve.” Erik says.

♕︎

When they got home, the lights were on. “What the fuck?” Erik whispers. Camila reached into the car and grabbed a knife from the back pocket of the passenger seat, handing it to Erik. They walk to their front door, opening it cautiously. Erik walked in first. Making the knife float behind him, so it's unnoticeable.

Camila walking quietly behind him, after grabbing a random lamp. They both hear a noise. A creaking, walking closer to them. They both get ready to attack. When the person comes in view, Erik launches the knife, before stopping it in mid-air. They see a stunned Ronnie, standing in front of them. “What the fuck!” She yells.

Camila and Erik stare at her. “What are you doing here?” Camila asks. “Looking for you. Why is the knife floating?!” Ronnie exclaims. Erik and Camila look at each other in alarm. Camila thinking of using her powers of Ronnie. “Ronnie-” Camila starts saying. “No, Camila. I'd rather us explain it to her, than you do that.” Erik interrupts. “No.” Camila disagrees. “Yes, we're telling her. Especially after we almost killed her.” Erik argues.

“Correction. You, almost killed her.” Camila says, setting the lamp down. “Not me.” She finishes. “She. Is right here, and would like to know what the fuck is going on!” Ronnie exclaims. “Sit down. It's a long story.” Erik motions with the knife, still in mid-air. Camila takes it out of the air, without touching it and makes it float onto a nearby side table. “Wow.” Ronnie mutters.

Erik and Camila sit across from her. “This is going to sound crazy, so bear with us. And ask as many questions as you need.” Erik says. Ronnie nods. “Okay, we're going to explain what's going on. But it's going to take a while. Starting with our life stories. I don't remember much from when I was really little. Just my mother's voice, she spoke Spanish. That's the only thing I remember from her. And after that, my 'second' memory is getting this, I was probably nine at the time.” Camila says rubbing the concealer off of her wrist. Showing Ronnie her tattoo of the number 003.

“What does it mean?” Ronnie asks. Camila points to herself. “It's the name that our so-called father gave me.” Camila scoffs. Ronnie motions for her to continue. “He trained us, mentally and physically. With our powers. I learned very early that even I was strange amongst the strangest children. He told me that I was special. That I would do great things. But only if I abided by his rules. So, I did. For a while, at least. Until I saw my chance to escape. Erik had gotten there by that time. So, we escaped together.” Camila finishes.

“How did you escape? And what do you mean you were strange, even amongst the strange?” Ronnie asks. “Remember when we got here?” Camila asks. “Yeah. 1979. Four years ago.” Ronnie says. “We'd only escaped months before that. We heard some sort of alarm going off. All the doors opened, everyone was running. One of the 'orderlies' came up to me and told me to get out of there, to run. So I did. I found Erik and we ran.” Camila answers.

“Did the orderly escape?” Ronnie asks, getting sidetracked. Camila shrugs. “I hope so. He was really attractive. And he sort of helped me.” Camila says. “Wait, you didn't answer my other question.” Ronnie realizes. “Right. So most of the kids, just had telekinesis, some kids had more powers, but I was born with the ability of telekinesis and some sort of mind persuasion, and some other things. Which was considered weird by the other kids when I was at the lab.” Camila explains.

“What the fuck.” Ronnie mutters. Erik looks at her, expecting the next question. “Wait, did you ever use it on me?” Ronnie questions. Camila hesitates. “You did, didn't you.” Ronnie sighs. “I'm sorry. But I had to, otherwise I wouldn't have.” Camila says. "I know you wouldn't. Does that mean I've already known about this before?” Ronnie asks. Erik and Camila both nod.

“Oh.” Ronnie mutters. She looks at Erik. “Tell me what happened to you.” Ronnie says. “Unlike Camila, I don't remember my real family, at all. They're distant memories. I was put in foster care until I was ten. I don't recall why. But, then I was taken by the lab, which is where I met Camila. And given this.” Erik says, showing her the tattoo of the number 006. “You were taken a year after her?” Ronnie asks unsure. Erik nods.

“I then went through the same process as every other child there. But, I became friends with Camila. Then in 1979 we escaped, and we found places to hide. We survived, and we eventually came back here. Unknowing, that this is where the lab was.” Erik explains. “The lab is in Hawkins?” Ronnie asks. “It's in Hawkins. We found out a few months after we got here.” Erik confirms. “Why didn't you just leave while you had a chance?” Ronnie questions. “Selfishness.” Camila says.

Ronnie looks at her confused. “We finally found somewhere we were actually happy. Why would we let that happiness go?” Camila asks.