two.

“the weirdo on maple street part one"

♕︎

They hadn't found Will. And it had started raining, so the friends left. They felt bad for leaving, but they knew the rest of the search party would keep looking. And they had school the next day. Erik and Camila were sitting at their dining table, waiting for Ronnie, who had stayed the night, to come to the kitchen. “Do you think it has anything to do with, you know what?” Camila whispers to Erik. “I – I think it does.” He whispers back. Their hushed conversation is cut short when they hear Ronnie's footsteps.

“Good morning.’’ Ronnie yawns. “Do you want breakfast?” Camila asks. Ronnie scrunches her nose up. “Not if you made it. The last time you did, you burnt the oatmeal.” Ronnie says as she takes a seat. “I’m offended by your insinuation. And it was only one time that it happened.” Camila defends herself. “Don't even start arguing. I, made breakfast, not Camila.” Erik interrupts. “Okay, then I'll gladly eat whatever delicious unburnt breakfast you made.” Ronnie says. Camila smiles sarcastically at her.

“The search party is going out again.” Camila informs. “I hope they find that kid soon.” Erik replies. Ronnie nods in agreement. “I heard that Mrs. Byers is unconsolable. She's struggling.” Ronnie says. “I would asume so. I mean – her ex-husband is an asshole, she has to take care of her two kids, alone. And they struggle sometimes. Which is why Johnathan works, to help them pay bills. And now, Will goes missing.” Camila explains. Erik looks at her, and shakes his head. “How do you know all that?” Ronnie asks. “Old news.” Camila shrugs.

The truth was, Oliver had told her about Johnathan working to help his mom. He had developed a crush on the eldest Byers boy. But, he didn't want anyone to know about the crush, for obvious reasons. Ronnie wouldn't judge, but it's Oliver's choice if he tells her or not. So, Camila made up a small lie. It was harmless, really.

♕︎

Once they got to school, they went their separate ways. Camila was stopped by Carol at her locker. “Hey, Camila.” Carol greeted. “Hi Carol.” Camila greeted back. “So, we're having a small party at Steve's house, and I was wondering if you wanted to come?” Carol asks. Camila stands their slightly stunned by the invitation. “I don't know Carol.” Camila says unsure. “It'll be fun. Look, here's Steve's address. Meet us there, and you can even leave early if you want.” Carol says as she hands her a piece of paper with Steve's address written on it. “I'll think about. Thanks Carol.” Camila says, before walking away.

She looks at the paper confused. Why would Carol invite her. She had to have an ulterior motive, she never did anything without a reason. And the two girls had never really talked. The whole thing is just strange. Camila sees Johnathan putting up posters of Will. She walked up to him. “Hey Johnathan. Do you need any help with putting those up?” Camila asks quietly. He turns to her, and nods his head. “Thank you.” He says as he hand her some posters. “Any news?” Camila asks. “None, but they think he might be with Lonnie – our dad. I doubt it, but I'm going to his house, to see if Will's there.” Johnathan.

Camila nods in understanding. “Okay, let me know if you need anything.” Camila says smiling sadly at him. As she walks away, she sees Nancy Wheeler walking towards him. Camila sighs in relief, as the bell rings as soon as she makes it to her class. “Right on time, Camila.” Mr. Rivers says. Camila smiles, before taking her seat. She was never late, she always made sure of it. “Attention students and faculty. Tonight at 8pm there will be an assembly on the football field. In support of Will Byers, and his family. All are encouraged to attend. Volunteer sign up sheets for search parties are still available in the office.” Their principal announces through the loudspeaker.

♕︎

Camila had told Erik about the party at Steve's house. He had shaken his head, and suggested for her not to go. “She has something planned.” Erik said. “I know she does. But, I'm curious why she even invited me. And if I don't go, I'll never find out why.” Camila argues. “I don't want you getting hurt.” Erik said.

Camila scoffed at that. “You forget that I can protect myself. If she does something, I just say the word and they all forget about it.” Camila smirks. Erik shakes his head. “What if it doesn't work?” He asks. Camila motions to her neck in a slicing motion. “Then, they'll be without heads.” Camila replies with a smile. “You know what. I'm going with you.” Erik says.

“You're going with me to Steve's house? You don't get along with him. He'll probably kick you out.” Camila laughs. Erik shrugs. “He won't, especially since you're there. He likes you, always has.” Erik says. “Yeah, well he has a girlfriend.” Camila sighs. “Nancy Wheeler, right? The girl that hates Ronnie?” Erik asks.

“mhm, that one.” Camila says. “Just get ready so we can go. I already want to get this over with.” Erik says, walking out of the room. “You don't have to come!” Camila calls after him. “I'm going!” Erik yells back. Camila laughs slightly, before heading to the bathroom.

She undresses, takes off her jewelry, and gets in the shower. After her shower, and her changing. She looks for her makeup, so she can cover her tattoo. She finds it and covers it completely, making sure the makeup doesn't come off. She grabs her house keys, and leaves the room.

♕︎

Erik drove them to the Harrington's house. Complaining the whole way there, about Steve and his friends. “You could still change your mind. And just drop me off.” Camila says. “Fuck no. If they even look at you wrong you'd probably kill them.” Erik shakes his head. “And rightly so.” Camila responds.

“This is exactly why I never leave you alone, besides for school. You're capable of murdering this whole town if you're in the mood for it.” Erik retorts. “I wouldn't do that. I would leave you, Ronnie, Oliver, and Everett alive. So, therefore, it's not the whole town.” Camila says. Erik shakes his head at her.

“Now, don't act like you have that good of morals, either. Because, if somebody hurt me, they'd be dead. Like that.” Camila says snapping her fingers. “But, it would be justified. If anyone hurts you, I hurt them.” Erik replies. “Well, I appreciate it.” Camila says. Erik nods, as he parks the in front of Steve's house.

They get out of the car and stare at the house. “Let's get this shit show over with.” Erik sighs.