one.

“the vanishing of Will Byers"

♕︎

It was seven in the morning when Camila woke up. She hadn't slept last night. She had a feeling that everything was going to change. And she didn't like it, not one bit. Maybe it was the fact that the powers had out last night.  She walked into the kitchen, after getting dressed. And she sees Erik making breakfast for them. The two best friends live alone, because of certain reasons. And they were never really questioned. People just assumed that their parents were rich, and we're busy working. Which is completely and utterly incorrect. Neither of them know who their parents are, and it would probably stay that way.

Camila walks up to Erik and kisses his cheek in greeting. “Good morning, Queen de Luna.” Erik says playfully. Camila rolls her eyes fondly. He'd been saying that to her ever since she could remember. “Buenos dias.” She says in Spanish. Spanish was the only thing she remembers from her early childhood. She had kept that part of her, and learned more of the language. “Breakfast?” Erik asks. “Of course.” Camila says happily. She loves Erik's cooking. She would never admit it to him, but it's better than hers. Far better, actually.

“Okay, so I made pancakes, scrambled eggs, and sausage, coffee is on the table.” Erik says as he hands her a plate. “Are we picking up any of them today?” Camila asks. “Uh – what do you think?” Erik sarcastically asks. “Fine. What time?” Camila questions. “As soon as we're done eating.” Erik responds as they start eating. “Do you have any plans for tonight?” Erik asks. Camila nods. “Yeah, we're all going to the movies. Remember?” Camila says. Erik grimaces. “Oh, come one. It'll be fun.” Camila tries to convince him.

Erik glares at her playfully. “Are you trying to force me to go to that awful place, with your powers?” Erik accuses. Camila holds a hand to her heart. “Me? I would never.” Camila says sarcastically. “Look, I just – I just have a bad feeling. That's the only reason I'm not sure if I want to go.” Erik confesses. “I do too. But, what if it's nothing, and we're just being dramatic. We're gonna miss spending time with our friends over it?” Camila says. Erik sighs. “No.” he says giving in.

Camila smiles at him. “If something happens before then, we'll just cancel our plans. And rearrange them for a different day.” Camila says reassuringly. Erik nods. She always did know how to convince him. She might've used her powers on him multiple times, but he didn't care. He had done the same to her. In the end, they're both just teenagers, who do dumb things. But, they forgive each other, no matter what. That's what they always do.

Erik was driving their car, because Camila hates driving. Maybe it was the fact that she crashed last time she drove, or maybe the fact that she felt terrified when she got behind the steering wheel. Whatever it was, she doesn't like driving. As soon as they got close to Ronnie's house, she quickly ran out the door flipping her dad off. “Again?” Camila asks concerned. “He's being an asshole, 'cause I stole his beer.” Ronnie answers. Erik looks at her through the mirror. “Are you okay?” He asks. Ronnie looks at him, holding back tears. “I'm fine.” She says. Camila holds her hand out towards Ronnie.

Ronnie holds it, and squeezes it for comfort. Erik and Camila both know about Ronnie's home life. They had suggested that she move in with them, but she had denied the offer. They drove to Oliver's house in silence. They avoided the subject as much as possible, unless Ronnie herself brought it up. Oliver was waiting with Everett for them. Oliver and Everett are neighbors, which made picking them up easier. They both notice the quiet atmosphere, and they both know what it means.

They don't mention it. They just greet them, and get in the car. They're all used to it at this point. Which is sad, but it's the truth. They sit in a silent atmosphere. All of them wanting to beat Mr.Evans up for Ronnie. She doesn't deserve this. Nobody does, but especially not her. Once they arrive at school they all get out of the car. And people stare, as they usually do. They ignore them, and keep walking. Some of them stare at Ronnie and she flips them off. Everett sighs. She never liked when they were rude to people, although that would make her a hypocrite.

They don't bully people. They just don't like other people. And those people never know when to mind their own business. For whatever reason, that's always a thing in a small town. Nosey people. “I have Algebra. I'll see you all later.” Camila says. She pecks Erik's cheek before leaving. She notices that a few boys stare at her as she walks past them. She rolls her eyes internally. Hormonal teenagers, she thinks. Not like she's that different. But, at least she hides how she feels about them.

Camila and Erik had heard about Will Byers disappearance. And they had both joined the search party. Their friends joined as well. Camila doesn't know Will, but she knows Jonathan. He's a year below her. And a quiet person, who stuck to himself. “I think this was our bad feeling.” Erik whispers to her. The search part was yelling out Will's name, hoping to find him. “I think you're right.” Camila answers.

“Will! Will Byers!” Camila and Erik yell out. “Shouldn't you kids be at home?” Chief Hopper asks, walking up to them. “Hey, you asked for volunteers. We're volunteering – to help.” Ronnie answers. “Yeah, and I was only expecting adults. Not children.” Chief Hopper clarifies. “Well, we're almost adults. Old man.” Ronnie says before walking. Hopper stands there mouth agape. “Did she just call me old?” He asks. “Don't take offense, Chief.” Everett says before following Ronnie.

“Goddamn teenagers.” Chief Hopper says, forgetting that he's standing to three of them. “Right?” Camila asks sarcastically. “Jesus.” The Chief says. “Come on, Camila, Oliver.” Erik says, pulling them away. “Hey, I didn't say anything.” Oliver protests. “Not yet. Which is why I'm pulling both of you away from the situation.” Erik responds. Camila groans. “Come on, it was funny. This is why I love Ronnie. She insults people, and lets me join her.’’ Camila retorts.

nancy speaks <3

Hopefully y'all are going to love the group's friendship