forty-eight

chapter forty-eight[ reefer rick ]

chapter forty-eight
[ reefer rick ]

the flight back to hawkins was long, very long. but melissa made it back before midnight. it was currently 11:05 and the plane had landed.

melissa gathered all her bags and ran as fast as she could, excited to see all her friends.

she was actually surprising lucas, steve, dustin and robin. only max knew she was coming back.

smiling, she runs down the ramp and screams, "i'm back bitches!" expecting to see her friends but doesn't.

they're nowhere to be found.

"oh." melissa frowned and sat down in one of the chairs. did max forget? or are they just late?

those questions lingered through her mind.

so melissa just decided to listen to music and wait till they arrive which will probably be in 2 hours.

if i only could, i'd make a deal with god and get him to swap our places.

————

"it's a perfect place to hide," said robin as she looked at her three friends with a smile.

the four teens ran out of the video store and into the car. as they were driving to reefer ricks house, max realized something.

"shit!" she yelled, scaring the hell out of everyone.

"what?!" steve asked, pulling over to the side of the road and parking the car then turned toward the redhead.

"she's gonna kill me."

"huh?"

max sighed, "melissa, she's back. her plane landed hours ago and i promised i'd pick her up from the airport and i completely forgot. it was also supposed to be a surprise, to you guys. and i just ruined it. great."

"lil hopper is back?" steve asked with a smile.

"yeah," max nodded, smiling as well, "she's back."

steve started the car up immediately and drove off toward the airport to pick up the girl.

————-