surprise ( liam )

UNEDITED DON'T GO AND COMMENT EVERYTHING IS WEIRD AND DOESN'T MAKE SENSE BC I KNOW OK? OK.

*evie's pov*

I'm nervous, to say the least. It's the 28th of August aka the day before Liam's birthday, and I'm going to surprise him. He's currently in Chicago on tour and I hopefully will get there in the morning so we can spent the whole day together. Everyone knows about it, exept from him. It's exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time.

"you have everything?" Maya, my best friend asks. I nod, "I guess so."

"passport?" she asks.

"check."

"plane ticket?"

"check."

"present?"

"oh my god." I say, panic evident in my voice. "I totally forgot to buy a present! shit, oh my god I'm so stupid." Maya starts laughing, "calm down there kid, that you're there is the biggest present plus you got some time to kill at the airport if you really have to get a present." I guess she's right, but I was so caught up in my excitement that I completely forgot about a present. I have to say that Liam isn't the kind of person who would complain about not getting a present but that doesn't mean I don't have to get him something.

"have fun !" Maya smiles, hugging me tightly. "wait why am I even saying that." she says when I managed to escape from her tight embrace, "I know you will."

"oh my god." I say, smacking her arm. She grins and then pushes me towards the car. "now go you, or you'll miss your plane."

"yes, mom." I say, stepping into my car. "you'll get that one back later!" Maya screams at me. I just roll my eyes at her and roll my windows down. "see you next week, make sure the house is sort of cleaned up when I come back, okay?" Maya is literally the messiest person I've ever met so I doubt she's going to do that but who cares. "and you call me mom."

"yes, I do. Bye Maya!" I scream, driving away and waving at her. She smiles at me and before I know it, I'm at the airport. I check my ticket to see where I need to go and walk there, excited for what this day will bring.

I finally got through security and stuff and am now waiting for my plane, I decided on buying Liam some weird candy he likes from here because I don't want to arrive there without anything. I'm shit at presents so this was the best choice I guess.

Someone taps my shoulder and I turn around. "hey." a girl breathes, a nervous smile on her face. "you're Evie, Liam's girlfriend right?" she asks me. I smile at her, "yes, I am."

"uh, can we maybe take a picture?"

"yes, of course." at that she smiles, glad that everything went well I guess. I still think it's weird by the way. These girls are fans of one direction but at the same time they want to take pictures with me, but I forgive them because they are incredibly sweet. She holds her phone up and I smile at the camera, just like her. "thank you so much!" she says, "Tell Liam hi for me okay? My name is Grace."

"I will! have a nice day, Grace!" she smiles and waves while she walks away. I sit back in my chair, waiting for the speaker to tell me I can board the plane.

I sleep through almost the whole flight and when I wake up the seatbelt lamp is on. So I slowly sit up, rubbing the sleep from my eyes and buckle my seatbelt. Now I've woken up I'm actually really nervous. It is the 29th here already so it is Liam's birthday. I have to call him when I'm at the airport so he won't get suspicious.