9 | maxxy

" longue journée devant "

by the time max awoke, mike was gone.

down stairs enjoying breakfast. thankfully max actually got a bit of enjoyable sleep for once. though, instead of waking up with an urge for a nicotine buzz, she was actually hungry instead.

she tip toed down the elongated hall. her bare feet made no noise. she wore red shorts, and a simple tank top that morning.

running finger tips down the stair railing, her ears were flooded with the sound of mike wheelers voice.

"you can't just drink all the orange juice." he complained to his little sister. she rolled her eyes in announce.
karen flipped pancakes while looking over her shoulder.

"mike, she's 8, let her have it." his mother spoke softly. holly only replied, by sticking out her tongue, and pulling the carton of orange juice closer to her as she poured the last bit for herself.

"you're so spoiled." he said, taking a bite of his syrups filled pancake in front of him.

"aw poor mike, no orange juice for you?" max spoke, obviously out of sarcasm.
he turned her head, a bit surprised to see her. karen smiled turning around, honestly very happy to see her out of her room.

"would you like some, max?" karen smoke, just finished making the rest of breakfast.

"here, you can sit next to me, maxxy!" holly said, moving the chair next to her before she even got a chance to answer.
max smiled, feeling welcomed, and sat down beside holly. nancy wasn't there due to her finishing up finals, probably a good thing considering what she walked in on.

karen put down a plate of food in front of the red head, and returned to the counter top to clean up the pancake related mess.

"thank you." she spoke softly, still a little nervous around the wheeler house hold. though, they do make her feel very welcomed, for the most part.
she began eating. mike sat across the table in her direction. though, no matter how hard she tried avoiding eye contact with him, her blue eyes always seemed to meet brown.

she loved his eyes.

"so uh, max," mike started, clearly trying to break the tension between them. she looked up, mouth still full of food. "i want thinking, do you maybe want to hang out with the guys today?" the freckled boy offered. max swallowed.

"um." she spoke, still nervous. karen finished cleaning up the mess, and decided to sit down to eat as well. max looked between the wheelers, not wanting to come off as rude. "sure, what were you thinking?" she asked. the thought of seeing lucas almost horrified her.

"we were going to ride our bikes to the park." he said. she nodded, taking in the information. friends. they were attempting to be friends.
max finished up food, quickly. she needed time to process the day ahead of her before actually walking into it.

she eventually left the table, cleaning off her plate and leaving it by the sink. max pushed her red hair off her shoulder, heading back up the stairs to take a fast shower before mike dragged her along to the park.

though, the second she tried closing the bathroom door behind her, a hand stopped it.

"mike?" she spoke, turning her head. she opened the door more to see her.

"if you don't want to go you don't have to." he said.

"are you uninviting me?" she asked.

"no, i just didn't think you'd actually want to go." she wasn't surprised by his words, she didn't think she actually wanted to go either. she turned the rest of her body around, facing him now. the door still stayed half closed, mike leaning against it.

"if you don't want me to go i won't." she snipped an attitude at him, turning her back to continue what she went into the bathroom to do in the first place.

"no, it's not that i don't want you to it's just-" max was shirtless. "what are you doing?" he said, stunned.

"showering, dumbass. you staying for the show?"

he shook his head, moving out of the doorway and closing the door behind him. he huffed. walking back to his room with his scrambling thoughts.
maxine undressed, turning the water on, and stepping into the warm shower.

her light orange hair turned dark, waves straightened to small rivers rolling off her back, and shoulders. she took a breath, quickly scrubbing her body down. she could smell the faint scent of cigarette smoke trapped in her hair once it was soaked. though vanilla cherry scented shampoo masked the smell well.

once max had finished her shower, she wrapped a light green towel around her chest, turning off the water, now standing in front of the mirror.

today was different. she didn't look at herself, pointing out ever minor flaw, and obsessing over it. wiping off the fogged mirror to see herself, she began brushing her wet hair. looking at few small strands that had fallen out, and took a mental note to start eating more during the day so ber hair doesn't get thinner.

he walked to her room still in a towel, but to her surprise, mike wheeler was sitting on the bed she calls hers.

"what are you doing?"

"i didn't want you to think i didn't want you to come, i do." he explained, trying not to focus on the water dripping from her neck. he attempted to look away, giving her privacy.

"you get so nervous sometimes, it's funny." she said, opening her draws to pull out an outfit. holding the towel close to her chest still.

"does that mean your coming?"

"yes, mike, god, i'll be done in 5 minutes." she said, basically rushing him out of the room. he stood up from the bed.
"sorry." he left the room, closing the door behind him. somehow seeing her fresh out the shower phased him, he didn't mean it to, of course he's seen her naked before but it still made him.. nervous.

max's ginger hair began to wave back together once it began drying. her freckled back was covered with a stripped shirt. she wore jean shorts, and grabbed her converse from the floor, sliding them on over socks.

max met mike outside, he sat on his bike, feet still on the ground, while max carried her skateboard in hand.
"i forgot you don't have a bike." he said.

"i do, just dont ride it." she said, walking passed him, placing the board on the concrete street before zooming.
mike scrambled to his pedals, trying to catch up with her. they didn't speak much for the ride to the park.

neither max or mike had a job, though, unlike max, mike had a license. and a car.
though, max was one hundred percent confident she could drive just fine.

deep breath before the next chapter ahhh
hope you guys don't mind me changing things around as i'm rereading , i've forgotten small details from chapters i've written ages ago oops <3