That Fateful Day

"EL!" A trembling voice cried out from atop the hill. A figure raced down the hill as fast as the wind could take them , to where a body lay abstractly on the rocky path. Tears streamed down the persons face. Once they reached the body, they sharply looked up and around in hopes of seeing someone who saw what happened, as they had been on the other side of the hill. Within a blink of an eye, the figure quickly pulled down the hood of their cloak, which they blanketed over the body. The figure revealed to be a seemingly young person, with short -ish strawberry blonde hair. They had red eyes that shone brightly in reflection of their tears. Their suit was pristine despite the person previously being atop a muddy hill. Tears dropped down their face so quickly, to make room for the next set of tears. The person lifted the body's head up, and to their surprise, the previously unconscious person began coughing. "El!?", The person's voiced trembled, "El, What happened". The person, who we now know is called El, slowly opened their eyes. "A-Ari?" El croaked. "YES!, Yes it's me, what happened" El rose a shaking arm and slowly raised one of her bloody fingers to point west. Ari darted her eyes to where she was pointing, but as she did, El's arm fell to the ground. "EL!, NO PLEASE!" Ari cried. But alas, it was too late.

 El was dead.

 Ari shook as she slowly raised her and El's body up from the ground. El's long brown hair flowed onto Ari's hand. After walking for a while she couldn't take holding her dead wife any longer and fell to the ground in tears. She must've been there crying , for about 20 minutes before a deep, echoey yet familiar voice muttered, " Are you okay?" Ari turned to see someone she hadn't seen in years, a tall (not as tall as her obviously), white haired man holding an axe. "Fuck off Carvil" Carvil stared blankly at her. "I'm dead, there really isn't much i can do other than make sure someone crying on their knees in a random ass forest is okay." Ari stared at him, tears in her eyes, blank as a ghost (ironic i know) "Wait, is that-" Carvil's expression changed from bored to concerned in a blink of an eye. He rushed over to Ari to see El's dead body. He gasped slightly which took Ari back, he was showing emotion and appeared as if he was about to shed a tear. He knelt down simultaneously laying his axe down. "El!" He gasped "What the fuck did you do" Ari glared at him shocked "What did I do, ME?!" She screamed, "I did nothing , how do i know that this isn't some fucked up revenge of yours" Carvil chuckled slightly . "Revenge?, while yes that does sound like me, no, you know me, i wouldn't do this, especially to El, we have history in Outcast remember." Ari looked at him. "Outcast? You remember Outcast?!" She stuttered. "Yeah..." Carvil said confused. "Anyway, I think if you had taken more care of looking after your fucking wife, she wouldn't be dead" He stated. Ari got up, grabbing her sword before someone said, "SHE SAID FUCK OFF, YOU GIT" Carvil was slightly taken back by this. He scoffed , gave one last glance, turned around and left. Ari began to cry again and rested her head in her arms. Suddenly, another familiar echoey voice spoke from behind her, this time a more high pitched, feminine voice. "Are you okay" The voice spoke softly. Ari turned her head slowly, and standing in front of her was a greyish and transparent version of El, who was standing there innocently. Ari got up, knowing she didn't want to scare El, or i guess, her ghost, so she told El's ghost to follow her and they set off for Iverside. El's body lay lifeless on the ground. Ari wiped her tears as she looked back before turning her head back around to continue her journey.

And the rest is history